Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scribb|e

A Monster LED Array For Irresponsible Fun

post-17181-1239937446_thumb.jpg

This huge LED is on steroids and then some. It is intended for use as a streetlight. It has a 7000 lumen output at 100W and will burn a hole in a CD case without focusing. And that's without the infrared that a halogen or discharge lamp has. Very efficient and low maintenance. Stronger than HID car headlights or a 500W halogen. Hit the site for lots of data and pics of it in action including burning and irresponsible bicycle luminosity. You'll want one to attach to your keyring, too. :fuckyou:

:notworthy:

I really hope they sort LED's out soon......they are so near, yet so far........and they are such a joy to work wih on the DIY front.

:fuckyou: 80C! Gonna need some liquid cooling on that turbo! I wonder if the spectrum it produces is canna friendly? :wacko:

e2a:

after looking at it some more, I'm not convinced that they are any good. The beam seems to spread very quickly so to get any real intensity you have to get it close. Which burns holes in things apparently. :notworthy:

Edited by Randalizer

It's designed for streetlights... :fuckyou:

is that a new strain? :notworthy:

¿Streetlamps - like go over sidewalks*? :fuckyou:

*- Or 'pavements', as bog intended them to be called. :wacko:

wait! Streetlamps are over sidewalks! wtf! Why aren't they over streets ffs!

Edited by compostverte

Is this a light or a weapon?

I was resisting sounding my usual gloomy self, but have you ever seen an off-beam overhead projector melting the black plastic lens surround ?

OK - 250 watts of QH and a large fresnel lens, but it's a surprise when you first witness it . :notworthy:

I was resisting sounding my usual gloomy self, but have you ever seen an off-beam overhead projector melting the black plastic lens surround ?

OK - 250 watts of QH and a large fresnel lens, but it's a surprise when you first witness it . :wassnnme:

I cant say I have but now im intrigued. Any vids on youtube do ya think? Im off to check.

wait! Streetlamps are over sidewalks! wtf! Why aren't they over streets ffs!

:D;)

it looks like sum 1960 trip to the moon ray beem or sumin :wink:  .ha. f it of and go for a hps or enviro.was worth lookin at tho never seen them mad things..? :ouch:  :spliff: