Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hendo

flood light. can it be used for grow need help

iv just got 3 400w lights from a job i was on. out side flood lights. and did not now if i could use the bulbs that came with them they are philips HPI-T. 400w can these be used in veg? . iv stript aii the ballast and light wa reflectors out. and would it i be able to make a new wooden ballast cover or will it need to be metal? any help would be great :ninja::)

you can grow with them mate.

Joe

The ballasts need to be in a metal box.

I assume the ones you see sold almost "naked" have thermal fuses built in.

Edited by compostverte

yes you can use floods for growing (depending on bulbs) but you probably best leaving them as is.

the HPI-T lamps from philips are metal halide lamps

just incase you weren't sure

the HPI-T lamps from philips are metal halide lamps

just incase you weren't sure

Cheers boys well appreciated :unsure::yes:

I know this an old thread but I thought I mite aswell use this 1 rather than starting a new1 :yahoo:

I have jst aquiered a small hand held flood light thingy (draper it's called) and it says it's a 150w mh but nothing about the spectrum, any ideas weather I can use this as a veg light so I dnt have to go out and buy 1.

Cheers guys

:wassnnme:

Sorry guys little bump :puke:

Wouldn't mind gettin this sorted tonight if I could :wink_kiss:

:eek:

If it's a metal halide, then it should grow plants.

Apparently some of these lamps will only operate horizontally or vertically, but not both.

Be very careful with wiring and insulation.

hi mate cheers for the reply

the flood light is still all in 1 piece and i was just thinking of using it as it is, it's already got a small reflector on it and my space is only small so i thought it would be ok. hense no wiring needed (hopefully) not forgetting that its not 1 of those big floodlights you get on the side of a building but just a handheld 1

:)