Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Comrade Stoker

Global warming sham

1,020 posts in this topic
It's not just about ice caps melting, it's about how we're going to feed our fuel guzzling society when fuel becomes too expensive for the normal person to afford?

All the dimwits who actually think environmentalism is a scam, what do you propose? Do you really think there will be oil forever, that the Saudis are going to keep drilling and keep finding oil?

I object to you calling me a dimwit but ignoring that for now....

There is plenty of oil its just not ours, loads of dirty oil also but that costs a bit of money to clean up so they will leave that till last... but... who do you think dictates the price of oil? If you think it is dictated by how much is left in the world then I suggest you go back to you economics class and take the remedial foundation course.

I know how companies price goods, I did do an economics degree don't you know. However there's no denying that with scarcity the value of products increase. You say there is plenty of oil, please provide me with hard data to prove that. How much oil is left? How much do we consume per day? And from these results, how many days do we have left?

I am not trying to avoid the question, I do not know exactly. What I do know is that medium term 30-75 years we have zero problems and if they can come up with a way of cheaply cleaing the dirty oil (Oil mixed with mud/sand etc ... lots in Canada I understand) then there is a hell of lot more like double.

I did do some work in the oil sector and I believe the sources that told me this as they had no reason to lie.

Oil prices are artifical, as are diamonds... most people think diamonds are rare.... 200 carat ones with no flaws .. yes! 2 carat ones with no flaws are plentyful but the price is kept artifically high. If you put all the worlds diamonds into a skip then Russia has a swimming pool full of them.

Oil prices are manipulated up and down.. I do not know all the reasons (There are obvious ones of course) but it sure has hell is not hinged around running out of it.

Repling to "Tokalot"

You do realise that article is dated AUGUST 2005 :)

Your point is?

You do know the satellite data you refer to comes from as early as the 70's?

e2a: change sp

Edited by tokalot

I am not trying to avoid the question, I do not know exactly. What I do know is that medium term 30-75 years we have zero problems

total bs

I have just one question for you m8,

when WWI started where did the UK deploy it first group of soldiers?

If this question is too hard for you to answer:

we have invaded Iraq twice, maybe 2 million dead but according to you 'zero problems'

I did do some work in the oil sector and I believe the sources that told me this as they had no reason to lie.

are you like 8yrs old?

I am not trying to avoid the question, I do not know exactly. What I do know is that medium term 30-75 years we have zero problems

total bs

we have invaded Iraq twice, maybe 2 million dead but according to you 'zero problems'

are you like 8yrs old?

No need to get arsey fella. If its a battle of wits you want then I will not fight an unarmed man.

I meant zero problems in terms of there being plenty of oil in the world. Not where it is or how we kill to get it, or how war is OK for oil. Just that we have a lot of oil in the world and its not going to run out in September.

Edited by MartininLondon

The former. Yep, it's all a sham, that's why the overwhelming majority of scientists involved in climate science are in full agreement that humanity is adversely affecting climate change and the few dissenting voices can usually be linked with funding from the petrochemical industry :D

Bloody green nonsense :unsure:

Please explain to me how we stop this polution of Co2 into the atmosphere? As far as Iam aware One active Volcano on the planet Earth produces more Co2 than the whole of Mankind put together EACH YEAR!!!!

There are around 1500 active Volcanos on the planet Earth, so you keep telling your self that you can make a differnce. Its all about the money its all about the dum didy diddy dum dum!

Half you guys are walking around with Blinkers on and you are all suckers

total bs

are you like 8yrs old?

What has WWII got to do with this thread? No I do not know the answer, I could google it and type something but I cant be arsed.

You missed my point.... you said we are running out of oil, I said "Not true" and that price is not dictated by us running low on it.

My "Zero problem" comment was about the amount of oil left in the world, not about anything else

This is from Timesonline

Sheikh Yamani, the former Saudi oil minister, famously said the stone age did not end because the world ran out of stones. How will the oil age end? In a speech to mark the bicentenary of the Geological Society, “Peak Oil – a metaphor for anxiety”, BP’s Michael Daly predicted that we would be debating when the oil might run out in 100 years’ time. Long before then, thanks to high prices, alternative energy sources, climate concerns and technological advances, we will have probably passed the peak – but for oil demand rather than supply.

well im not up with all this gloooballs warming myself ...but

has'nt the world always had changes ice age ect ect ect ect

this how i world was made dont think us has humans did all that did we :wassnnme:

well im not up with all this gloooballs warming myself ...but

has'nt the world always had changes ice age ect ect ect ect

this how i world was made dont think us has humans did all that did we :wassnnme:

Yup, there are loads of reasons, I do not know the ins and out but its chain reaction stuff... solar flares, methane getting released from sea, volcanic activity etc.

But its still all guess work by the scientists.... Apart from CO2 which they are all "Sure" is going to heat the world up to the same temperature as a tumbled dried 50p piece.

Can I ask how old you are?

What has WWII got to do with this thread? No I do not know the answer,

You missed my point.... you said we are running out of oil, I said "Not true" and that price is not dictated by us running low on it.

My "Zero problem" comment was about the amount of oil left in the world, not about anything else

your world view is very simplistic and you seem to have little or no understanding of world oil dynamics, when you say there is zero problem, its only because you choose to ignore the complex real world realities that are part and parcel of the current oil situation, maybe because these realities don't support your ideas of how you think the world works, its better to research and collect data without any expectation of the outcome...and then have the balls to stand by whatever conclusion is produced by the data

so to recap super powers are spending a hundred trillion dollars on a problem that you say doesn't exist?

who mentioned WWII? read what is written, slow down, breathe, try to be open to new ideas

educate yourself here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...l+robert+newman

your world view is very simplistic and you seem to have little or no understanding of world oil dynamics, when you say there is zero problem, its only because you choose to ignore the complex real world realities that are part and parcel of the current oil situation, maybe because these realities don't support your ideas of how you think the world works, its better to research and collect data without any expectation of the outcome...and then have the balls to stand by whatever conclusion is produced by the data

so to recap super powers are spending a hundred trillion dollars on a problem that you say doesn't exist?

who mentioned WWII? read what is written, slow down, breathe, try to be open to new ideas

educate yourself here:

Hey Weed_G I just watched this clip. Very entertaining.

But........ What Newman is saying isnt much differnt to what Martininlondon is saying. Basicaly we go to war to get the known producing oil. I personaly believe that Oil is everywhere , we just havnt found it all. Plus not disclosing where all the oil is keeps the price high. Thus being the reason the US wants everyone to buy oil in Dollars. Which would keep there Market afloat. Now everyone else is buying oil in Euros the usa is fukd.

To recap what are superpowers spending a trillion dollars on? Im a little confused in what you say here. Are they spending a hundred trillion on going to War or finding a new energy source? Either way they are all about making money. If I could come up with a new power source would I not become rich and famous because of it? Or would I be bumped off by a well pissed off Oil supplier like BP or US?

I still think the Global warming caused by the Human race is aload of BS and your clip actually makes me belive this more. Have you actually watched the link you provided?

What has WWII got to do with this thread? No I do not know the answer,

educate yourself here:

I am early 30's.I typed it wrong, tokalot mentioned WWI.

Possibly I am simplistic, I would disagree I have no understanding of world oil dynamics, I am no expert but are you any more qualified than me?, do you work in the industry? When I said zero problem I was talking about the amount of oil we have left in the world. Many people believe we are almost clean out of oil but I understand this is not the case and there is enough oil to last a very very long time even if consumption increases more than we think it will. I argued tokalots point about price being dictated by supply, yes it is dictated by how much oil is produced and distributed (against demand) but it is not dictated by us "Running out of oil"...................... and if it is running out then why is oil exploration such BIG BIG business. If there was none left then why would people spend billions looking for it? I do not know any companies who spend billions looking for rocking horse shit or hens teeth.

In short my view on oil is this.....

1.) We have needed oil rich nations to let us take their oil (We explored, drilled and distributed and paid them a commission)

2.) Oil rich nations want to do it themselves now (I do not know all the reasons why,could be financial, political ... I do not know)

3.) We are losing the grip on oil control and the economy is largely underpinned by it.

4.) We are told we must try and "Be green" as fossil fuels are killing the planet and we are all to blame (This is only in the last 5-10 years and before then the USA liked to drive 8 litre V8 SUV's, seems very similar to whaling which the US was pretty good at until a few years ago, now the Japanese are evil for doing it.... hypocracy)

5.) We are told oil is running out (Its not)

6.) We are moving away from oil as it is not fit for purpose due to some of the reasons above and the powers that be will do anything they can to convince us and I believe there are lots of porkys told.

7.) Global warming is not because people drive Range Rovers or Ford V8's

Edited by MartininLondon

But........ What Newman is saying isnt much differnt to what Martininlondon is saying.

really? cos Newman supports global warming and wants people to stop using oil almost entirley...while martin is saying GW is a scam and the only problem is finding new oilfields to exploit...do you see the difference?

I personaly believe that Oil is everywhere , we just havnt found it all. Plus not disclosing where all the oil is keeps the price high.

If the location of the secret oil is being kept secret, then how do you know it exists? given that oil is probably thee most valuable resource in the world..how hard would it be to keep such a thing secret...so these countries are sitting on infinite wealth and not exploiting it?

Thus being the reason the US wants everyone to buy oil in Dollars. Which would keep there Market afloat. Now everyone else is buying oil in Euros the usa is fukd.

The reason the USA want all oil traded in dollars is to prop up the dollar..nothing to do with secret oil fields

To recap what are superpowers spending a trillion dollars on? Im a little confused in what you say here. Are they spending a hundred trillion on going to War?

yes, not to mention the cost to move oil halfway round the world for consumption

If I could come up with a new power source would I not become rich and famous because of it? Or would I be bumped off by a well pissed off Oil supplier like BP or US?

you would either be whacked, ignored or your patent stolen and shelved

I still think the Global warming caused by the Human race is aload of BS and your clip actually makes me belive this more.

dont think you have understood the content if you believe this

Have you actually watched the link you provided?

probably about a dozen times

ps

the thing about dirty oil being unusable and all thats needed is a way to clean the oil is bs, I was talking to a guy in the mid nineties who was drilling and cleaning dirty oil in Asia, not only that but he was designing the equipment to do it...point being they have being doing this for at least a decade

Many people believe we are almost clean out of oil but I understand this is not the case and there is enough oil to last a very very long time even if consumption increases m

can you define: a very very long time and then provide links to information on world oil reserves that disagree with OPEC's view:

but it is not dictated by us "Running out of oil"...................... and if it is running out then why is oil exploration such BIG BIG business. If there was none left then why would people spend billions looking for it?

ok, just so I understand what your saying here:

The number one resource in the world is running out, without this resource modern society will grind to a halt and maybe a billion will die, and you cant understand why people are making such an effort to find more of this dwindling resource?

3.) We are losing the grip on oil control and the economy is largely underpinned by it.

I agree with point 3.....the other points don't stand up to reality

Many people believe we are almost clean out of oil but I understand this is not the case and there is enough oil to last a very very long time even if consumption increases m

can you define: a very very long time and then provide links to information on world oil reserves that disagree with OPEC's view:

but it is not dictated by us "Running out of oil"...................... and if it is running out then why is oil exploration such BIG BIG business. If there was none left then why would people spend billions looking for it?

ok, just so I understand what your saying here:

The number one resource in the world is running out, without this resource modern society will grind to a halt and maybe a billion will die, and you cant understand why people are making such an effort to find more of this dwindling resource?

I agree with point 3.....the other points don't stand up to reality

I cannot define a very very very long time. But my belief is it will be several 100 years maybe 300 or so. There are so many deep sea areas that they know have oil (Just do not know how much).

GIS systems are plotting oil fields left right and centre. Yes the easy oil has probably reached its peak but there is plenty more, they just have to try harder to get it. By the time we are running out we will not be using oil anywhere as much as we do now, it will probably only be used for chemical manufacturing/pharma and plastics and even that is on the way out....... Asus building bamboo laptops etc.

The reality of this is none of us really know do we? I just think its a lot of lies to move an economy away from it. Its easier to say we are killing the planet and running out of oil than it is to say "Things are becoming complicated now, we can no longer steal oil from countries that we corrupt and steal from and fight with, so errr can we all buy those light bulbs that last for 6 years and stop driving fast cars, and errr get your loft insulated and only get a shower once a month (Whether you need it or not).

Thats my view, it might be wrong but I smell a rat with it all. You might be wrong too, who knows