Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Peppi

pike fishing !!!! anybody doing any this winter

30 posts in this topic

learn how to handel them , then its not different to carp

fish saftey 1st

Hey guys, is it safe pike fishing? I have only ever carp fished but the lads I go with reckon pike fishing is real dangerous, apparently too easy to lose a finger, always put me off!

check out the pike angling club of great britain bud...its all there how to unhook and handle them ...there very fragile more so than carp or whatever .best to go with some with experience tbh till yu get the jist off it !!!!

peppi :clapping:

Loch AWE, I think it was February last year.... 26lbs 4 oz post-13663-1226949738_thumb.jpg post-13663-1226949832_thumb.jpg post-13663-1226949855_thumb.jpg post-13663-1226949940_thumb.jpg

the fly is deadly in the right hands :unsure:

f_h

B)

Nice fish fishhead :) i love pike fishing & cant wait to sample the fishing down here in england as everyone i speak to tells me theres big pike everywhere, whether i can catch them or not is another question :) my PB is a measly 10lb & ive put in many a mashed hours on the bank but i dont really mind cos i luv it even if i dont catch. Used to fish some local waters back home but they were shite, was like trying to get blood out of a stone trying to get a fish out them. Used to travel & fish Loch Lomond, Loch Tay, Loch Awe, all the big fish venues, id mostly blank but my m8 would always get a couple & he wasnt doing anything different to me, was always good times tho, cant beat fishing with a bag of green getting mashed all day with not a care in the world, ahhhhhhhhhhhh bliss :rofl: yip, need to get my fishing gear in order :rofl:

Healthy :rofl:

evening all

im up 6-30 am in the morning gonna go out to do my first session of the year .weathers looking ok,ish deadbaits are ready etc etc etc

wish me luck folks ill need it ...be back later today with some photo,s of pike hopefully if not it,ll be some scenic shots of course ........

either that or a big fat blank ...either way it,ll be nice to get out and sit on the cold :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

peppi :cheers:

Edited by Peppi

Hope u get some big fish today peppi, im going to go for a walk round my local lake again today to check it out, cant wait to get out but need to sort rod licence n shit out first & get my gear down from scotland :( get plenty of pics m8........

tight lines

Healthy :stoned:

well got up to be met by a frozen water butt in the garden so left it at that and went back to bed

typically the days turned out wonderful :ouch:

peppi :spliff:

go into daviedoom at youtube and you will see a 18lber getting caught off of 1 of the boys :rofl:

went yesterday blankd agian but the guy that was ther got a 19lb pike it gave him a good scrap. goin next week hope a get a bit of joy then :smoke:

been fishing 30 years and never caught a Pike. Never fished anywhere that held any, except when fly fishing. I have recently found a drain with some in and i fancy giving it a try. Watch out Esox :ouch:

you should give it a bash with the fly m8 :yep:

Ive just started piking, 2 months of blanking so far :yinyang: Cant wait to get the first one on the bank its not for lack of trying.Great pics guys. 908

my pb pike at just shy of twenty one pounds caught on a makki tail ...

cast out, tightened up, attached bobbin,

bobbin was pulled from my fingers...... resulting in a screaming run !!!!

i recast a lot when piking i think the splash attracts them to your bait

peppi :spliff:

Great pic

I have to say that the pike looks well p*ssed off. Never seen such an unhappy looking fish

Great catch

Hi Peppi good to see your still dipping the old rod. lol

Ive got some great old Pike recipes if you want them. Some Polish ones as well.

I remember my mate caught a whopper pike killed it took it home and put said fish in his bath with running water to keep fresh. He went to get it and the cold running water brought the stunned fish back and it nearly took his finger off! :spliff:

Give me a shout if you want old Classic Pike Recipes though.

madge