Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bongme

UK : Hopes of town cannabis protestors go up in smoke

360 posts in this topic
bathe every day and wear suits when needed.

That reminds me, it's about that time of year...

You bathe as often as that? :wassnnme:

Edited by stuwyatt

That's the problem though - it does depend on how they look.

The public form opinion based on it.

Sorry i must disagree...

Jesus, he didnt wear a suit...Bob Geldoff never wore a suit either..Just to name two crusty hippy types who made a mark in the history books.

Its how you set off the journey...some people use the right foot..others the wrong foot.

I dont think wearing a suit would help or hinder them in any way.

I also feel it is a petty thing, kind of a easy target, like the scruffy kid in the school playground.

Maybe not wearing a suit helps..They could claim poverty due to prohibition and having to buy there own medication there for unable to buy a suit and hair cut as this is considered a luxury.

If you write a letter...must you wear a suit?

You can disagree, but it's true. You know it's true, really. As much as i don't think it should be the way, that's how it is. We, the tokers don't feel that way. But that's not who you're trying to get the message to.

Unfortunatly, the people who need to be convinced do form an opinion of you based on what you're wearing.

It is a petty thing, just like the scruffy kid in the school playground. That's life.

The 'Poor Me' argument doesn't work. The people who you are communicating to don't care about your plight. They don't care that you're in poverty due to prohibition, why would they care about you?

Jesus has had 6000 years and still hasn't got his message across.

It sucks, that's how it is.

I intend to wear a suit to the expo, I have to see the gf's nan the following day!

eta: do you really think that jesus (if he really existed) would have had more impact if he wore a suit?

Edited by Owderb

To reply to your edit, i think.

No, you do not have to wear a suit when you right a letter.

But, if you scribble nonsense with a crayon on a dirty piece of paper, will it get the same attention that a drafted, considered structured letter written in fountain ink on cotton will? No, it won't. Even if it should.

Just skimming, and forgive me if I'm way off point but r.e: 'the suit' discussion.

Do you not think that pinky may be taken slightly more seriously if he shaved off that daft luminous beard. Espescially with the reputation canna users have as is of being hippies and non-conformists and so on?

I certainly think so, even if it goes against my beliefs of self expression, uptight mps, journos and members of the public aren't so broad minded.

eta: do you really think that jesus (if he really existed) would have had more impact if he wore a suit?

Defo, wearing clothing from 2,000 years in the future will always have more impact

:ouch:...yea..big time. Then he would of been a time traveler.

I think a suit is needed for certain occasions.

You can get a suit for free from most super markets. Its like a rental service You buy it, wear it, stick the labels back on and then return it.

Keye...I am not part of the Idiot Society of Great Britain

I am 100% solo.

I stand alone and fall alone. I do my bit for the 'cause' by being self sufficient and ditching the dealer.

I just think the whole thread is nit picking at little things...After all they can buy a suit when they want, but like i keep saying..it wont help them one bit...There history speaks for its self. Maybe if they had a better record a suit would help...

Jesus existed, this is a fact. The thing that is not a fact is was he who he said he was?

(ps..Im anti religion and i don't really care if he did or didn't exist)

Edited by easthead

I never though I would say this - maybe you should reread some of the bible as you may have missed the point?

I never though I would say this - maybe you should reread some of the bible as you may have missed the point?

Hu?

11 more posts and i hit the 1k mark!!

ETA..do i get a prize at 1000? hehe..

Edited by easthead

Just skimming, and forgive me if I'm way off point but r.e: 'the suit' discussion.

Do you not think that pinky may be taken slightly more seriously if he shaved off that daft luminous beard.

Aye probably, he's buggered once he opens his gob tho.

Not sure, i think we have crossed wires somewhere, Roger!

Anyhoo, Yes, i agree. It is *nitpicking* but in this world, in the arena of campaigning (which is essentially, convincing people with a polar view that your way of thinking is correct), i think people get insular and don't really think of how they are perceived by those they are trying to convince.

I'm not really talking about the Idiot Society of Great Britain or any group, or Pinky or anyone. If the MP's turned up in Ecko trackies and bling, no one would listen to them at all. (i know *we* don't now, but you know what i'm saying).

How you present yourself always matters, whether we think it should or not, whether we believe it will or not; it does.

It might be nitpicking, but it's a really fundamental idea. Getting people to even listen to your argument before you can start to convince them, is quite hard.

Not sure, i think we have crossed wires somewhere, Roger!

Sorry, it's been a long day...

Edited by roger

Jesus was around 4,000 years BC?

:unsure:

Woof

Jesus was around 4,000 years BC?

:unsure:

Woof

You are taking the piss!

:wink:

Edited by roger