Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest stoner_boy

What's Up With Hydroponics!!!!!????????

Whats up guys, i've been reading up on hydroponoics and there are two things that are really pissing me off Thats-

1. how do u plant plants into hydroponics. i mean when the seeds open up and they are reddy for planting how do you make them grow without any soil???? It's relly bugging me and i can't plant my plants into my bubblers until i've worked it out (the plants are in soil at the moment)

2.What's up with the whole nutriants and fertilizer stuff? I'm new too the game so i don't know alot and i don't have experinace so that doesn't help, but really whats it all about all i need is something to tell me what fertilizers and stuff are and how i use it.

Thanks alot guys i don't want to sound negative on the whole thing because i really want to get into hydroponics and grow some tasty bud.

Cheers lads and happy tokin :smoke:

If you want grow tasty bud, AND start cheaper, AND learn up on the plant before the system(CRUCIAL that), then try soil grow first.....

Give you chance to pay attention to the plant, with fewer worries about equipment...

If for some reason you decide you still want grow hydro, think about it then....

But you really want to get in tune with the plants first...

Mono....x :smoke:

Not sure how your gonna do the soil bit, but washing it off with water maybe your only choice here but will cause the plant some stress, i have never done this as i always start my seeds in small rock wool cubes.

As for the nutrients you need to find yourself some dedicated hydroponic nutrients, i use ionic - Grow (veg), Bloom and boost (flowering) these are one part nutrients and are very easy to use, you will also need a PH test kit to test the PH of the "made up" nutrient.

hope this helps

L0tus

Edited by L0tus

If you want grow tasty bud, AND start cheaper, AND learn up on the plant before the system(CRUCIAL that), then try soil grow first.....

Give you chance to pay attention to the plant, with fewer worries about equipment...

If for some reason you decide you still want grow hydro, think about it then....

Wise advice, exactly what I was thinking myself.

easy SB,

i have to echo what mono says really. i became pat of the UK420 in march, and since then have spent EVERY day reading ALL past threads, because when i first started i had NO CLUE as to which method to use. so many aint there? areoponics, hydroponics, nft, FnD, bubbler, soil etc.

i chose a hydrokit from growell, a 4 plant ydropot system. basically soil is substituted for an inert growing medium (cellmax cubes & grodan block) essentially with this method your growing medium is bare soil, no nutes, and thats where i play the part of mother nature in adding nutes etc.

understanding how cannabis as a plant grows is a big part before choosing the system to grow. soil is great for beggining as its more forgiving to noobie mistakes (so i read on ere!), and i am gonna try it at some point to compare to hydro.

NFT, bubbler, areo ponics, drip etc can get really confusing, only grow in the medium you understand. At the mo your growing in soil, so id stick with it.

oh, and one last thing, pick a forum and start reading it from the beggining (go to the last page) and read back. In march I had NO CLUE as to how to grow, 4mnths later after reading this site religiously, and jorge cervantes indoor bible, i am now undestanding cannabis more and more....its only a matter of patience & time.....

these folk here are the best I have ever met, check the FAQ, past forums, and ask away.

good luck......stay safe.

respect

BB

reckon its a bit quiet round here, lets stir the buggers up! - what is the bloody point of hydro? - claims are made for high yields and fast growth - SO WHAT? - its bloody complicated, water levels,ph levels, pumps to clog up/go wrong - and you get to feed them usually horrid synthetic chemicals - connoisseurs are scathing about the poor quality of the finished product....why bother? - seems to me it may suit a few anally retentive control freaks with a penchant for fiddling with equipment. The way I look at it, if I want to eat pork, I'd sooner it came from an organically reared pig, who'd had a good life, rather than one that'd had it's legs chopped off, and had a miserable life being on a life support system being fed synthetic chemicals! :smoke:

-go soil -its cheap, easy and forgiving - and your plants will be happy plants hence giving you a nicer bud!

Thanks lads i'm gonna do a bit of an experiment (but this is for next growing season). i'm gonna try a couple of bubblers and do some soil growing and give it a test see which buds are better. Hydroponics sounds good but abit complicated for me BUT i'm gonna use some simple bubblers and by next season hopefully i would have researched alot on hydros and i would know what i' talking about.

Thanks guys and happy tokin

easy SB,

i have to echo what mono says really.

Yeah get some time in on the tech stuff be-fore- u hydro M8 and you'll find it is worth spending time reading the boards but I at least "what is my aim with my grow ? :blub::smoke::)

so from you last plan i am gesssin u going for the organic indoor ?

hopefully i would have researched alot on hydros and i would know what i' talking about

:yinyang:

At the moment my plants have just started to bud (and it's my first grow so im well chuffed) so i'm just gonna leave them in the soil and wait for next year for my bubblers and soil experiment.

What do u do with rock cubes? what are they? are they any good at what they do?

Thanks lads and happy tokin

Rockwool Cubes are really for NFT systems and the like. I believe they are made from volcanic material.

They are used as a substitute for soil in which to grow the plants - since soil would be washed away by an nft system! B)

The plants are normally started off in say 1" rockwool cubes - when they are ready for growing on - typically they are simply inserted into a larger cube - a 4" one for example.

Have a look around some hydro shops online and you will see!

Good luck with the soil grow!

With respect to NFT - if you can stay sober for about 5 minutes a day - you wont experience half of the problems encountered by some NFT users! It is the simplest system i have come accross - and as long as you pay attention to PH etc (10 second job) and keep your grow area clean - you wont have major problems!

:oldtoker:

Dr A

1 person likes this