Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest stoner_boy

Nft Systems

I've been looking into Hydroponics and i think i want a NFT system, is it worth it, i need some feed back on them to know if there the best to get. If not could you people recommend me the one too get. Or should i think about bulding a couple of Bubblers, are they worth it?

Now light wise what's the best one to get they would just be for a couple of plants, 3 to 5?

Thanks peeps and happy Tokin lol

for my next grow im doing a couple of bubblers, and from what i hear, they are well worth it, i couldnt comment on nft though.

whatever you choose, make sure you build it yourself, them hydro shops will charge you stupid prices for even a simple system (bucket & pump). you can build a bubbler for less than £5 (try not to skimp out though)

Hydroponic System Construction

>>BushDoctoR<<

:cat:

Really that cheap! Where did you get your stuff from was it just fro a local hardware store?

Thanks Dude and happy tokin ;)

nft is great,really easy to work with all i do is fill a bucket add some ph down, add to the tank and that is me all done for the day.

the growth rate on the nft is the dog bollocks easily2-3 times quicker than growing with soil.

bubblers are great too but u will need more headroom unless u train ur plant to grow more horizontaly.

anyway whatever u choose will be a good choice.

Really that cheap! Where did you get your stuff from was it just fro a local hardware store?

bucket/reservoir (or pond liner) - £1 (hardware shop) the bigger the better....

airpump & airstone - £3+ (ebay/pet shop/hydroponics shop) get the biggest you can afford

net pots - 15p (hydroponics shop) or just put lots of holes in a normal plant pot

grow rocks - £4 (hydroponics shop)

not quite a fiver, more like £8 :smoke:

bubblers are great too but u will need more headroom unless u train ur plant to grow more horizontaly.

if you use all of your floor space for the res, you can make it shallower ;)

>>BushDoctoR<<

:D

Edited by BushDoctoR

I run 2 nft tanks and comment as follows:

They are brilliant - however like many things in life - they are not completely simple and straight forward....

After building or buying your system - dont forget that you will need to watch your PH and Cf levels (electronic meters are best), resevoir temperatures (might need aquarium style heater in winter), etc, etc. All this "level" checking needs to be done daily really. Also with a resevoir - you might need to add a hydrogen peroxide based additive to prevent algae/bacteria growing in the res (Oxyplus is good). Also consider a root stimulant - like rhizotonic - which makes a real difference in an nft system!

Whilst you dont have to go for everything at once - i merely wish to draw your attention to some important points for nft!

When compared to soil - i think nft is way better - soil makes it really hard to correct problems that might occur (a regular problem for most new growers = nutrient deficiency/saturation for example - soil takes much longer too!

If you are prepared to put in a few minutes each day - nft can be really rewarding!

Best of luck!

Dr A

:headpain: