Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest stoner_boy

NFT Systems

24 posts in this topic

Something similar is the autopot or autopak cant remember name. It automatically waters your plants in corect doeses without reuqireing pumps or any electricity. That and NFT are the top 2 in hydro for me. Anything more complex like aero aint worth the hassle or anything simpler like bubbler, while nice, is not amazing enough for me to switch from soil to hydro. As for ebb , drip and flood/flow all that haerd they can be a bugger and costly to run hence why peeps going to NFT, bubbelrs and such. Just an opinion though for others it can e totally dif.

Detoxed

Im a soil grower myself but have got a nft tank growell kit i intend to try it at some point. But what i can add is that from reading what different peeps say about both soil and hydro hydro seems to invlove a lot less work. Which for some people might be what they want. But from my short experiance i would say that working with soil / pots you get to know a bit more about your plants because your spending more time with them. For example when you water them you wait for them to suck up the water that has run off. While im doing this i take a good look at my girls maybe i would do the same if i was using my Nft but i think some things would go unnoticed and i would tend to rush. So for a begginer who wants to spend a little more time and wants to get things right i would go soil / pots

Edited by saldo1

hello ppl, i am a newbie with nft205 kit, goin ok so far, but i read in this post about ph levels and EC LEVELS, now I know wot ph is, but what are EC Levels, is it nutrient strength or something?

Cheers :yinyang:

EC is the amount of salt deposites in your tank. Electrical Conductivity. Too high and you got one dead plant. It's measured in ppm.

Detoxed

EC is the amount of salt deposites in your tank. Electrical Conductivity. Too high and you got one dead plant. It's measured in ppm.

Detoxed

thanks man, how do i test and adjust ec levels? any links/advice appreciated, my plants are just taking off nicely, 8 inches at mo so i dont wanna kill em now!

Hi Durr

You need a CF meter or Trunchen. Former are cheaper, latter are allegedly better. I use a Hanna CF meter - costs about £35. There are others on the market that are just as good. Trunchens cost about double (someone correct me if wrong).

Check out a 3 Counties Hydroponics or any other hydro shop!

Best of luck

Dr A

Thanks again, really love this forum! Just one other related issue - how do you regulate the levels of EC?

Add nutrients to raise the EC and add plain ph down (5.5 to 6) water to lower EC.

:D

Dr A

I built my own NFT system out of 4"PVC and use 6"PVC for the flower room.NFT is very easy to manage and has extreme growth rates.Here is a pic of the 4". :cat:

post-18-1063196964_thumb.jpg