Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ouncyboy

n.f.t ROOTS IN TANK

Question ive got a homemade nft and im three weeks into grow,everything looking good but roots are growing like mad which is nice apart from the fact there now in tank with quite a lot in nut solution.The plants are sage how much of a prob is this ive used old stockings to try and stop roots but they were through in two days i have two air pumps in nut tank any info please.

Hi there,

I grow NFT, there's no problem having the roots into the solution as long as its airated - you say you have an airpump so everything should be cool. Sort of ends up a bit like a DWC (Deep Water Culture) grow.

as long as they do not clog up the drainage hole on your nft table, which can cause flooding.

It they get too bad, cut the offending bits off. You should have more than enough to support the plants, and root growth slows right down when they are in flowering anyway.

p.s: remember that you are looking at them AT LEAST doubling in size after you put them into flowering , bear the amount of headroom you have for them in mind

Cheers offmehead and acidmutant ive got two air pumps in tank so thats reasured me alot and ill keep a close eye on those water outlets, as for height thats not a prob but cheers anyway.