Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cocaine

My Babies

17 posts in this topic

A couple of questions if anyone can help please?

I am 1 wk into flower and the lower buds are quite small so I thought I would cut off some of the larger fan leaves to let more light dowm to the bottom. It all seems to be ok I was just wandering if it affects the plant much.

Also, when my buds are ready is it possible to cut off the larger buds at the top and carry on flowering the lower ones, only problem I think I would have is nutrient. I am growing using NFT so before I harvest I will have to flush them so would it harm them to add more nutrient after. Is the hassle worth the extra or shall I just cut the lot?

Also this is my first grow using NFT and I added SuperBud when I went into flower - This stuff is amazing it has only been a week and I have buds everywhere? When I added the SB my PH went upto 6.8 and no matter how much PH dowm I added it stayed the same has anyone else had this problem??

Can anyone help me out please??

:smug:

so I thought I would cut off some of the larger fan leaves to let more light dowm to the bottom.
your plant needs the fan leaves to gather the energy from the sun..

you can cut off the lower brache's(leaving fan leaves on),

so that the plant uses it's energy on the top bud's......

sr

6.8ph is cool.

as wilbur said, the top leaves are the main light absorbers. cut off the lower leaves, ones that start spotting, degreening, etc.

Cheers for the help any ideas on this -

When my buds are ready is it possible to cut off the larger buds at the top and carry on flowering the lower ones, only problem I think I would have is nutrient. I am growing using NFT so before I harvest I will have to flush them so would it harm them to add more nutrient after. Is the hassle worth the extra or shall I just cut the lot?

Harvesting in stages does generate extra ounce-age from lower branches. I wouldn't bother to add more nute after you've begun flushing out. Some growers recommend flushing for up to three weeks! So keeping your lower branches going just on flushing solution (or pH'd water) shouldn't be a big issue.

i would just cut the lot. but that's me.

i flush from 2 weeks to harvest. i'm growing on rockwool though, so it'll drain quicker than soil.

Thanks 4 the help does anyone know how much I should expect to get from 3 plants about 24 inches. I am growing in NFT205 tank using ionic grow, bloom & boost nutes, with PK13-14 to add in. 250watt HPS light I just need a rough idea to check i'm doing things right, strain is Northern Lights.

Peace.

so many things affect yield, time,light,effort,genetics,heat,ventilation etc etc etc, should be good with 3 plants under a 250 sodium, but guessing is just not possible, even if you had pictures of all of them finished i wouldnt be able to tell you!! Hope all goes well, BBB

Ok cheers BBB i'll just have to be more patient then!!!!!

HI cocaine,

If I were you, I'd skip the PK13/14 unless you want bud rot.

Ive just finished a run with SB and received rot at about day 45. I did use GT's Liquid Silicon, but more probably should have used Dutch Masters Silica as it would have been better against the rot.

hope it goes well for ya :wassnnme:

Cheers for the help what was the humidity in your grow??? Mine is about 30 so just wandering what the difference was I'm not using that silicon stuff either what exactly does it do a friend of mine has just got some so any advice on it would be cool.

Peace lol

hi all lol

pk 13/14 is a good nute to add at latter stages of growing hydro

dunno about superbud though never tried it

jgs lol

i heard lot's of good thing's about superbud. i am gonna try some next time along with other nutes to see the difference for myself . i have seen people do this and the results were stupid. without superbud the flowers were small, with super bud and they were nice and big. i cant remember where i saw this :stoned: . it's also meant to stop the plants from stretching. i am definetly gonna try this stuff out .. sonic..

Superbud is quality I added mine the day I went to 12/12 and within 4 days the hairs were showing. After 7-9 days you have to completely empty your tank and re-fill without superbud. The plants stopped growing straight after adding SB and it just puts all its efforts into flowers. I am 2 wks into flower each top is full with buds and still got 6 wks to go.

I'll post some pictures if someone can tell me how just can't seem to suss it out. :yep:

Peace.

Right, well read the manual for your camera/scanner on how to load the picture onto your harddisk. Afterwards use the (normally) supplied software to save the picture as a JPEG/JPG file (for smaller size all while maintaining maximum quality). Follow the instructions on the chart below. Sorry for uplaoding something so :yep: , but I really want to see some pics of superbud in action :) . Mods feel free to delete if this is waste of bandwidth.

Detoxed

post-18-1058996728_thumb.jpg

Edited by sittingrelaxing