Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

namkha

Traditional Hashish, Charas and Garda

217 posts in this topic

:blub: The "Grail" of Hashish-oh my my-i`m drooling!!!

Thank You.

Aln.

Love those descriptions mate... 'most decadent high' :}

Thanks' for sharing

taffy

That really does take me back to trekking around the Himalaya's, thanks Namkha. Many happy memories come flooding back seeing those lovely pieces of charas and garda. I can remember many happy hours rubbing my own charas and then being surprised that it couldn't be smoked straight away and needed time to 'mature'

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic :)

Some stunning looking hashes there, thanks for the piccies. I bet there are a few of us drooling over our keyboards :alien2:

So we having a uk420 trip to india and nepal then? :yep:

aaaahhhh the memoriesthat brings back :rofl::blub: you are indeed a lucky man...

All that hash looks so nice =)

the "pollen" on the left is an example of westerners having a negative effect on traditional techniques: strong for an hour with a nasty burnout after-effect, for some reason many backpackers still ask for this stuff, despite its aroma of second-rate ganja; this "pollen"/garda could not be worked into proper hashish for smoking

Hi Namkha,

Nice pics!

What's the difference between the "pollen" and the proper garda you show in the next post? How are they made to give such a different final product?

I would love to try to get some of that myself, but how practical is it for a small indoor grow? I presume all buds are used to get enough glands? What sort of weight of dried bud would go into an ounce (28g) of premium garda?

/Me dreams of hand rubbing fields of ganja...... :rofl:

lol

Cheers for any advice,

Z.

very nice hash and pics wow!! B)

hey Noobybud and others --- I think the best place to get answers to your questions on how much garda/charas can be produced from x amount of bud is Clarke or one of the other hashish books

I'll post some pics of proper Nepalese sieved hashish ("pollen") and handrub charas later --- the pollen above is total garbage, made very hastily from second rate plants --- good pollen from Nepal is a match for the best sieved Afghani these days, not like the kak in the pic above

Handrubbed Nepalese Jungli Charas - from wild "sativas"

Sieved Nepalese Charas ("pollen") - from farmed "indicas"

the same piece of sieved charas after being played with

post-13376-1224756058_thumb.jpg

post-13376-1224756180_thumb.jpg

post-13376-1224756474_thumb.jpg

Edited by namkha
typos
6 people like this

Hey Namkha, are those charas strains unsuitle to smoke as ganja ? i mean, will it only be enought concentrated if its turned into hash ?

I tryed to handrub an american Indica(Cujo) like i saw on a CNN video with clean hands and ended it up with not too much of resin and couldn't remove it from my hands... i guess you need a little dirt to help remove it... Do you intend to make a tutorial on the subject ? Would it not be a good idea to make ice hash from charas strains ?

Hey Namkha, are those charas strains unsuitle to smoke as ganja ? i mean, will it only be enought concentrated if its turned into hash ?

I tryed to handrub an american Indica(Cujo) like i saw on a CNN video with clean hands and ended it up with not too much of resin and couldn't remove it from my hands... i guess you need a little dirt to help remove it... Do you intend to make a tutorial on the subject ? Would it not be a good idea to make ice hash from charas strains ?

hey - I have smoked ice hash made in Malana from Malana plants and it was rocket fuel

I think handrubbing just requires practice --- I have watched a Kumaoni guy make about 7g of charas in less than 30 mins and it was very good (from a local jungli strain growing around a chai shop - about 2500m)

a friend has made a video of handrubbing around Chandrakani - we will put it online soon

as for whether or not the charas strains are unsuitable to smoke as ganja --- I think that is a matter of personal choice: some people love smoking Kush and Afghani strains as ganja --- but if you agree with heads like Sam Skunkman and Robert Clarke they will all say that ganja cultivars are the basis of superior bud... so charas and hashish lines can certainly be smoked as weed, and likewise can certainly for the basis of amazing hybrids... but is that the best way to make use of them - well I would say the best thing to do with our charas strains is to grow them outdoors and let them turn in to 1.5kg monsters and then turn that into charas - like I say though, it's all a question of personal tatse and also of how much space you have

Edited by namkha
2 people like this

When you talk about Afghanis and Kushs you talk about the strains on the market like those Californian and Dutch Kush or the landraces from those places ? I have smoked Bubba Kush and approved... I tryed some Sensi Afghani from a friend's grow and approved.. but is that what you are talking about?

The thing that makes me think twice before choose your seeds is if i'll need a bigger joint to get the results i'm looking for... happy, relaxed, body and head buzz, no anxiety, mellow... That's usually a cigarret from 0.25 to 0.5g of my homegrown... I guess that your charas strains aren't the One Hit Wonder thing, but do YOU think i'll need a bigger cigarette compared to an average good quality weed ? I know In the end I can do some easy ice hash, but i'm not used to smoke any type of hash... and I like the buds better to roll.

Just to make my question more clear: The effects and potency you post for each strain is based on the ganja or on the charas of it ?

I'm a medical user... but i like the buzz too... and i don't think that energetic high, paranoid high or heart starter high is a decent high... i consider this as an unwanted side effect... But the dreamy, the buzz, the mind and body relaxation, "unnoded" thoughts, the sleepy sensation, the happy mellow are the sensation i want... this is what i consider the desired effects. That helps alot with my Mania and Depression episodes... but energetic weed don't do the trick right, only slightly. Just to make clear that I'm not a big fan of those energetic and clear mind high, like what i think sam skunkman was looking for.

WOW

they all look lovely. i would love a smoke of some "real hash".

ooooops, think ive wet myself!!! excuse me whilst i visit the toilet ;o)

peace,