Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
detoxed

hydroponic requirements

Right gonna give hydro a go. Can't do bubblers (can't find kits on growell, and I hav not enough confidence in myself to DIY it and face failure). So it's drip/flow/nft. I go two in mind :

- http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1538/Hobby_Kit_...t__NFT_250.html

- http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1284/Hydro_Pot_...ant_System.html

Need some more info thought. Gonna put the whole thing in wooden cabinet with extraction/intake fans. Should I cover the inside panels with mylar or reflective mateiral thingy ?

Is too much heat a prob ?

Is LOW humidity a problem (most people have problems iwth high humidity levels, but I'm doing this in attic so ...) ?

Tried to make this as stoner readable as poss. Hope someone out there can sort me out :disguise2: .

Detoxed

Hi M8,

I use the autopot system and its done a great job so far, this is the first time I have used hydro and wanted something that was kind of fool proof, something I was familiar with but without the soil.

I have just the two pot system but it can be expanded up to 8 pots with out any probs, I think they say it can be expanded further but the nute tank needs to be elevated to increase the water pressure. Mine came supplied with a 35 litre nute tank, during veg I mixed up 5 litres every 5 or 6 days and during flowering 10 litres every 4 days, I didn’t like the idea of leaving my nutes to get stagnant so i mixed smaller quantities, but you could easily mix up to 35 litres and add an air stone to keep the nutes aired.

one thing to look out for if you go down this route is that the nute tank is higher than the valve i would say at least a foot higher so gravity keeps adequate pressure.

I used cellmax in my pots but next grow im trying a medium called Mapito loose rockwool and sponge mix. Any one heard of or used this???

Its a very easy kit to set up and maintain and gives excellent results, well so far anyhow.

As for heat, well I got the same kind of set up you have and heat will always be a problem during the summer months, the key is to get good ventilation and keep the air moving inside the grow box, I use a standard bathroom extractor fan and find it to be powerful enough for the size of my space, they cost around £15 from B&Q but you will get them cheaper from your local electrical wholesaler.

A couple of small B&Q clip fans to keep the air inside moving and “jobs a good un”

Humidity should not be a problem in the attic, temps will!!! only way to control humidity is to add either a humidifier if its too low or a dehumidifier if its too high.

And yea you need to cover the walls, mylar is probably the best, if your on a budget flat white emulsion paint is nearly as good as mylar, make sure its water based if you go the paint route.

Hope this helps.

Cheerz

L0tus

Edited by L0tus

1. Yea helped lot but stoner as i am forgot i posted this before you replied. I was going to post it again not knowing a already created this thread :P . Right well temps should be done then. I had initialy thougth of using intake fan to get air from attic room (use a fin foam they usei n PCs to prevent intake of dust but sstill good amount of air) and extract to a window (smell reasons), but wondeirng if I should intake from the same window as I extract :wassnnme: any suggestiosn therE ?

2. As for humidity what's the lowest you can have and the highes and of course the ideal ? also how much a good humidifier cost ? I use to have one of those huge dehumidifiers when I was in asia but that stuff could fill up 10L in a day.

3. Nute mix : if i read u right, you mix nuts with water, fill it in the container and after it's done you fill it back up with another batch every 4-5dayz on purpose to prevent nut stagnation. But that means you feedin nuts to your paltns on a daily basis. I was told only do it once a week (nut feeidn that is). So in hydroponcs you do it daily ?

4. Thing is I can't afford a kit and femmed seeds. Also I doubt I can just gorw 2 seedlins (if i use autopotthat is) an expect to be femm and healthy... SO how you people do it ? I can't afford a clonnin room or anything ....

Thats all i can think of thxn l0tus

Detoxed (sometimes i wonder if i ask too many questions ;) )

well i used femmed seeds this time and i have 3 plants, one i water passivley the other two in the autopot.

i have some "regular" ICE this time and have germed 5 seeds, i have 2 spare autopot pots and plan on putting 2 of them in those ready to put in the tray when the others finish, i plan on getting another tray soon and expanding to 4 pots. but for the time being i will have to sex them in the flower room before deciding the ones that stay in the autopot (the fems :wassnnme: )

as for feeding i have fed these everytime they are watered, like you say i put the nutes in the tank and they drink it as and when they need it, NFT and deep water culture supply the plants with nutes at all times too and i have found this to be ok in the autopot system too, i didnt use full strength till 4 weeks into flowering i am using ionics by the way. so maybe that is the key easy on the nutes. Its just important you feed on plain water for the last two weeks before harvest.

the room i grow in does not have any access to the outside through windows due to it been under ground so i just vent my fan into the same room as the box, i use passive air intake but will be upgrading this soon with a bathroom fan mounted "upside" down to add active air intake.

Humidifier, sorry m8 i aint got a clue, but a de-humidifier will set you back about £100 i got mine from argos and it does the trick even in relativley humid conditions.

in the future i plan to have 2 mothers of different strains suppling me with 2 healthy clones, thats when the autopot will really come into its own for me, guaranteed genetics and known fems.

cheerz

L0tus

Rigth thanx. was browsin overgrow faq (when uk420 fact be complet :wassnnme: ) and found adequate ec, humid, etc levels. I think I might go nft just because I can get everything I need cheaper ;) , but I must say those autopot tmept me BAD.

Detoxed

NFT will probably be better in the long run, and your right they are a little cheaper and fit 2 or 3 more plants in them.

good luck m8

Cheerz

L0tus

Two last thigs form you l0tus and ill be as happy as a clam (well even more if you mail me some of dem buds :blub: ).

1. were you satisfiedwith nft 250 kit (no I don't work for groweell :bush: )

2. Anything that didnt come with it that you had to add afterwards ?

Cheers

Detoxed

i got the autopot kit m8.

Fazered has an NFT he has a post which points out the good and bad points of the NFT.

he points out the nutes are not upto much and neither is the ph test kit.

here is the link to the post.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?act=...T&f=49&t=13808&

and here

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?act=...8&t=13714&st=15

cheerz

L0tus

Edited by L0tus

Amazing how you can get confused with so many threads. Thankx anyway been loads of help :laser: .

Detoxed

no worries m8 your welcome.

cheerz

L0tus