Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
detoxed

NFT/Hydro/soil ?

61 posts in this topic

Right, being an outdoor grower, indoor is new terretory. What i would like to know, is which type of grow plan works best for someone who wants to have to look after the kit as little as possible ? (extrem yield is that crucial). Also would an attic be ok for these growing methods (almost 0 humidity, it's an addict but I haven't check with a proper reader, plus is extremly hot in there) ? bit :smoke:

Detoxed

hydro will give the best yeilds and the quickest growing time, no question. it's up to you what system you use, either passive like pot culture or active like nft or ebb and flow... active will require less maintainance, but is more expensive and complex to set up.

an attic should be okay, as long as it's clean and draught-free and there's enough headroom... and no beasties. :smoke:

Right price is not of a concern atm (I did a few jobs and racked up more then enough to buy 3 of the most expensive kits available). Anyway, I guess I want active kits, sicne less maintainance is a must. It's the complexity bit that bugs me what you mean exactly ? setting it up is a pain or hard ? Also is it rocket science to run or simply dummy proof ? (note I'm thinking of buying kits from www.growell.co.uk , I know they are rip off prices, but i got the cash and in end worth it for peace of mind).

Peace -- Detoxed

growell do good stuff, the prices aren't that bad... in fact apart from the lights they're cheaper than most places, i reckon. :smoke:

you'd be best looking at nft systems, like they DIY setups they sell or the gro tank ready-made stuff. otherwise there's things like the aquafarm and aeroponics, if price is really no object. :D

Well i rather stick to growell =P. I have peculiar delivery problems into my country and growell does the job. Anyway so nft or hydro then ? For easiest less effort, guerilla style method ...

Detoxed

Never used NFT, but some swear by it. I use bubblers (DWC) and they're extremely forgiving if you get a BIG airpump. I've been over a week late with res changes, let the res get down to 15% of original, all kinds of naughties while doing impromptu trips to Europe. Come back expecting to see dead plants but haven't yet.

Drawback to bubblers is when you want higher plant numbers, they become a pain.

So if doing a sog, (or more than 12 plants) NFT is the preferred option. Up to 12 large plants, it's difficult to wrong with bubblers. (I've prooved that.) :starwars:

Aeroponics is NOT an easy option, confirmed tinkerers only.

btw most attic users suffer heat problems in the summer. Needs heavily insulated growboxes and lots of airflow.

Well I'm planning on doing 4 plants and nft seems unworthy in that case. but what type of hydro do they sell on growell then ? becasue drip. bubbler etc. no clue what those are :stoned: . As for attic heat problems u mean too hot or not hot enough ?

Cheers so far -- Detoxed

isnt alot of they nutes that come with the nft kits wank and u might need to buy beter ones or check that the kit comes with nuetes that are enough for the job?? i read in here somewhere that some of the kits come with rubbish ferts

Thanks for suggestion but i rather stick with the ocmplet kits they sell. because if i get caught with a missing element I'm stuff sort of speak. I was really loking into the NFT250 kit and this http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1284/Hydro_Pot_...ant_System.html (is this drip, flow or other ? can;t tell).

Also you read the ferts in growell kits r mank ? in this forum ?

Really want to have a go at this so any more help be greatly aprreciated

Detoxed

The Quantum Hydro pots sound like they'd suit you. Small footprint and capable of growing biggies. They do them in ones (£50) and 10s (£95).

Off to find some links for you.

Here's a sativa grow with one.

http://www.hempcultivation.com/420/showthr...t=quantum+hydro

The manufacturer

http://www.quantumhydro.co.uk/

Being a diy guy, didn't realise there were so many store bought systems out there. Not all the distributors listed by QH list their pots, but it's a useful list of hydro stores. Some cool systems as well.

http://www.evergreenhydroponics.co.uk/main.html

Edited by strider

Thanks for suggestion but i rather stick with the ocmplet kits they sell. because if i get caught with a missing element I'm stuff sort of speak. I was really loking into the NFT250 kit and this http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1284/Hydro_Pot_...ant_System.html (is this drip, flow or other ? can;t tell).

Also you read the ferts in growell kits r mank ? in this forum ?

Really want to have a go at this so any more help be greatly aprreciated

Detoxed

that's a passive pot culture system...

and "you what?" to the second part.

secodn part ==

isnt alot of they nutes that come with the nft kits wank and u might need to buy beter ones or check that the kit comes with nuetes that are enough for the job?? i read in here somewhere that some of the kits come with rubbish ferts

As for the kit being passive just realised and thats as good to me as a wik system. Requires to much attention. In otherowrds looks like I'll have to go with NFT ? Is there anything wrong with NFT growing or any major (even minor) disavantages ?

Almost done deciding, just need this nfo. tnx in advance

Detoxed

Detoxed, NFT is a pretty high maintenance system mate. You'll proberbly need to check on your plants a couple of times a day!!! So i wouldn't recomend you go that route. Also I'd stay clear of the complete kits, you'll get a lot of things you don't need and be short of a lot of things you do need!!

Something like an Autopot system would suite your needs, however many pots you want all rigged up to one reservoir. (easy maintenance) It uses capillary action to suck the water up and even allows for a 40 minute dry period before it refills!! All using a valve and no electric! You just fill your pot with 40/60 clay pebbles/coco cor, drop in your plant and your away. Can leave for about 4 days, depending on the size of your reservoir!!

Don't know where online sells them but i'll have a look around.

Hope that helped,

Play Safe,

VRG