Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Flushing_green

Not Happy With This Aeroponic Propagator!

29 posts in this topic

I've gone out and bought the Nutriculture Aeroponic propagator and I'm far from happy with it.

I thought the idea behind Aeroponics was to lightly water the roots with a FINE MIST of water, almost like fog? Am I wrong?

These systems come with a fucking sprinkler system that would better suit the watering of a lawn! It's a joke and a right bloody rip-off.

And another thing......surely half the plants aren't going to get much/any water once the roots of the plants closest to the sprinklers have got to a certain length?!

Can anyone with any experience of REAL aeroponics please point me in the right direction of a decent fogger/mister that would be suitable for this system?

Any help would be great.

Well must admit I was pissed off when I got mine, was reading Wiki and Nasa experiments with aeroponics and worked out that the amazon and aeroponics is the doggs bollox but is far from true in terms of buying a complete system , it's like wanted a porsche and getting a mini.

Worked well though, these props route clones in 4 -6 days from cut, perfect to house cuts for 6-8 weeks in confined space, if sea of green is on the menu cheap as chips, looking at 90 quid for a 108 site scrog if ya want it.

Would update the pumps on prop and amazon, psi of 45 instead of the 15 which the amazon 1000 maxi puts out, would also change the sprayer heads in that system for 360 degree spin heads, hence if covers a wider area.

Tried 20 site, 36, and 108 and all three of the PT range have a habbit of using shit sprayers, some of which is the 36 site do not give enough all round spray to cover sufficant baskets in order to feed the plants. The aero prop removing 4 sites above the spinklers with amazon sprayers sorts that out, you lose 4 sites though out of 36.

Could try mini foggers, got one myself, use air pumps in prop for better oxygen uptake for roots suspended in the tank, oxyplus, all in all i agree, it's not mist hence 15 psi and not 45 -60 which nasa recommened.

However just takes a pump change and better sprayers.

Edited by potsmoker93

you are right its not 100% true aero ponics, but there are things you can do to make it better.

like switching the sprinkler heads for 360 degree misters (pack of 6 here for 2.60, but minimum spend of £5 on the site)

http://www.easywatering.co.uk/acatalog/Mic...___Misters.html (8th product from the top) its a pack of 6 as well so you have enough to change the 4 in the amazon (if you have one) and the one in the x stream.

without spending around a grand its about as close to true aero as you'll get!

T1

EDIT: as for happiness with the prop, i have never had clones root out faster, theres no problem with crowding any of the roots, all plants get watered the same. and the roots do grow the hairs like true areo roots should.

Edited by T1

Thanks for taking the time potsmoker, good hear your experiences have been the same.

What pisses me off is that they claim to be 'aeroponic' when in fact they are nothing of the sort. More like sprinkler systems. A true aeroponic system would provide much better conditions for the roots because they would be getting far more oxygen. Results would be far, far better I'm sure.

Looks like I'll have to splash out a bit more to convert it to aeroponic. A fogger is the way, I want me roots glowing white.

you are right its not 100% true aero ponics, but there are things you can do to make it better.

like switching the sprinkler heads for 360 degree misters (pack of 6 here for 2.60, but minimum spend of £5 on the site)

http://www.easywatering.co.uk/acatalog/Mic...___Misters.html (8th product from the top) its a pack of 6 as well so you have enough to change the 4 in the amazon (if you have one) and the one in the x stream.

without spending around a grand its about as close to true aero as you'll get!

T1

EDIT: as for happiness with the prop, i have never had clones root out faster, theres no problem with crowding any of the roots, all plants get watered the same. and the roots do grow the hairs like true areo roots should.

Cheers T1. Just what I was after, you saved me a job.

That's good to hear about the prop, I can't wait to get started and I'm sure it'll be as good as I hoped.

Thanks fellas. :D

To be honest once you try this out you will be shocked at root growth, most of the roots do stay white, I use oxyplus every three days, pythoff, problems I had was the sprayers, once changed is they keep pretty white. The other problem with leaving them for 6 weeks is the root growth covers the sprayers and sometimes stops them from spinning and can tangle making it hard to change tank and wash as the sprayers entangle the roots. Granted they still feed from dangling in the tank but less oxygen is present, I check 3 days or so and push them out the way, would air rate solution if possible, not a fogger for various reasons.

I think the problem lies with the confined space, had it been 100 litres, more the bacteria would of taken much longer to do any effective damage, I am currently trying aeroponics with the eco system, using drippers lines inside the rockwool slabs spraying roots with air in 20 x 1 meter slabs.

Got rid of my amazon or rather put them on hold, currently modifying aeroponic sprayers to go in vertically to spray the slabes in 5 intervals per meter per slab x 20, hoping it works better than the drip system which is shit. Also iv ditched the drippers and going to flood each slab instead as well as spraying using aeroponics. Im using 5000L pump and 25mm tube instead of the 5mm and 1000l pump. Why on earth did they use drippers which clog, just flood it with tubes, bigger pump.

Well fond of aeroponics, with the props though need different pump and spayers, why doesn't someone sell them combined eith the right pump and sprayers and make a fortune of word of mouth.

If you ditch the maxi 1000 and buy a psi 45 you are looking at 10-15 pounds more if that, spray heads 20p or less, I don't see the problem, where are all the tests which would of eliminated this problem, its good but with fine tuning is brilliant.

Full systems ahead soon as they root :D

I love my aero prop(nutricultre)i know it's not really true mist aero but it's very efficient for me..I think really it's only designed for initial rooting as once the roots are a few inches out of the mesh pots they're ready for transplanting,if they reach the sprinkler they are past the propagation stage....Try not to be dissapointed and give it a go as it is,whatever you do you won't get a plant to root faster than about 6 days and this will do that..I simply turn mine on with ph 6.0 tapwater and away you go a few days later and white healthy roots everywhere,i have used 1/2 strength rhizotonic but noticed no difference..Anyway thats my 2p..

Good luck..

Welly smeed..

Edited by mr welly smeed

I love my aero prop(nutricultre)i know it's not really true mist aero but it's very efficient for me..I think really it's only designed for initial rooting as once the roots are a few inches out of the mesh pots they're ready for transplanting,if they reach the sprinkler they are past the propagation stage....Try not to be dissapointed and give it a go as it is,whatever you do you won't get a plant to root faster than about 6 days and this will do that..I simply turn mine on with ph 6.0 tapwater and away you go a few days later and white healthy roots everywhere,i have used 1/2 strength rhizotonic but noticed no difference..Anyway thats my 2p..

Good luck..

Welly smeed..

Thanks pal.

I'm not doubting it does a job, I just think it could do a MUCH better job.

Edited by Flushing_green

i'm in the process of setting up my aeroponic propagator 20 and those misters look excellent, my main concern is that the sprinklers practically touch the net pots that are next to them. Like some people have said after a week of rooting they will be touching the main res, and even tangling up the sprinklers.

Rezarf26

i use an EZ cloner which has the same style of spray distribution and it works well with roots in about 5 days with white russian. i veg in the cloner for a couple of weeks until the tops are 8 inches. by this time the roots are up to 14 inches and can tangle if you don't untangle them every time you change fluids. it's not difficult if you dunk them in the water while you pull them apart.

the system works well but some sites are more efficient than others and it helps to move the outer ones in towards the centre. the fastest developers are the ones that are constantly sprayed.

i find also that an initial pH of around 5.6 helps with rooting and general health.

there is no dome with EZ Cloners but they don't seem to need it and the plants get a spray with Epsoms and Neem and one with trichoderma as they root and a fan across the deck afterwards as they veg.

if your sprayers clog up, try running a solution with lots of Phosphoric acid in it when you clean between crops, it'll dissolve out any deposites and leave your pipes and sprayers immaculate.

FG I See what you saying about the mist and not watering them but has it done your clones in have you give it a chance yet to work ? ;)

D

Hmmm, been thinking of getting one of these props this week too. Am in two minds now. I only want the prop for rooting clones fast and then move them on to an amazon system (wont be doing sog in the prop).

Good luck..

Welly smeed..

Does this mean there are different manufacturers on the market? Is nutriculture the best in your opinion WS? Ive just posted a question about these on another thread, wondering whether i need any other equiptment when buying a prop. Do I only need tap water to root the cutting? Dont I need ph/ec meter/ nutrients?

Hi!

I have an E-Z cloner to and I love it.

I get 99% success with it even though I had Fusarium oxysporum in the plants.

This system is a cloner for dummy!

One thing I found that help allot is to scrape the steam a little all around will help getting roots all around the steam.

I also use RootTech with better result.

Remember also to dip in water or RootTech immediately after you have made your final cut on the steam.

Respect

Claude

Hi!

I have an E-Z cloner to and I love it.

I get 99% success with it even though I had Fusarium oxysporum in the plants.

This system is a cloner for dummy!

One thing I found that help allot is to scrape the steam a little all around will help getting roots all around the steam.

I also use RootTech with better result.

Remember also to dip in water or RootTech immediately after you have made your final cut on the steam.

Respect

Claude

I had to read that post twice claude. I thought ' how do you scrape steam' lol. I think you mean stem. E-Z cloner eh? Ill look into them then :alien2:

I hope youre wrong hippy, Ive just my 1st 36 clones in mine :wassnnme: