Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Owderb

Flushing In Hydro

149 posts in this topic

My understanding of flushing is you need a little nutrient in the water when you flush for the dissolved solids & salts to cling on to!

i grow in coco pots use green sensation as booster in wk 6 7 usually max of 2.0 ec then cut dwn to 0.8 for week then plain tap water for final week have benifit of gd standard water here. Stops any crackln wen smokin n def tastes better molasses is a gd addition in flush 4 coco an soil.

Great post Owd, i will pm you a question for some help...

1 person likes this

Just post here mate. That's the point of a forum lol

Owd

1 person likes this

Just post here mate. That's the point of a forum lol

Owd

Hi Owd

Sorry just seen your reply here, this is a paste of my question to you:

Hi Owd

Have read your Q&A for Hydro Flushing and have a question for you if thats ok?

In the copied section below:

I used to run at an ec of 1.8 max no matter how i grew in hydro but now Ive had plants Ive had to push a lot higher so i'll drop my ec to 1.4 with the food being made up of 50/50 grow/bloom for 3-4 days,then i'll drop that to 1.0ec till theres only a week left.

The final week i just feed 1ml/grow up until the last 2 days which i'll use just tap water.

Im using Canna's Aqua Vega & Aqua Flores A&B can you please confirm when i start on the first week of change i make my E.C 1.4 as above by mixing 50% Vega and 50% Flores A&B..??...

And the last week for the first 5 days i should use Aqua Vega (grow A&B) on its own..??..

Sorry to probably ask a dumb question to you but someone some time ago asked exactly what im asking and i never saw a reply from yourself but someone replied saying dont be mixing Vega & Flores, so im just trying to be 100?% sure.

Many Thanks

Rich

I do things a bit differently now mate because how they look with 2 weeks to go and and then a week to go deciphers what I do

If everything looks nice and healthy with 2 weeks to go I just go 1ml of grow and if they still look green with a week to go I go straight water with good run off

Its all about reading the plant. I've had some plants start to pale after a couple of feeds of 1ml grow so I may only give these plain water for 3 or 4 days

Owd

2 people like this

Thanks owd

Will give it a go and see how we get on....so I presume at the two weeks to go you still stop everything else...??..so did you used to mix your grow & bloom originally on the last week bar one ?...

Edited by Hydelane

I only use a Pk boost but yes mate everything stopped. Just low base nutes :)

Owd

Edited by Owderb

I no old post just want to say by not ph the plants would not take any think up in hydro ? I have given my plants a high ph befor and instead of taking up there normal 30 litres they only take bout ten and that just being the medium holding not the plants taking up any think

I only drop nute last week to half then last feed plain ph water

over dose is reason for flushing

I always finish with a health green plant no yellow leafs

Learn by try and error the only true way you no what works for you each room and system is different

Ive mentioned this before, but i believe the more medium you have to flush through (in my case 30-50 litres per plant depending on what pots i use) the more flushing it may require, my thinking is that a big plant in a big pot has a hell of a lot of nutrients to flush out, especially if they have been feeding at 2.8ec.

Or maybe it is just the nutrients were using ?

Very true if you are in soil or coco as it will hold a lot more nutrients in the medium, hydro can be flushed a lot quicker especially if you dump the tank very couple of days

I understand the theory but the pudding is the proof! I don't disbelieve you I just know its worked for me. Cheers

Defo don't ph in flush!!

2 people like this

Need some advice on flushing.

Im in clay pebbles and having problems getting the ec down below 1.7.

I've flushed twice now and in the last one I ran the hose through each plant and still my ec reading says 1.7. I also calibrated two weeks ago, so I don't think it's that. Should I water by hand or flush again? Another suggestions? My ec started at 1.9

Cheers

Edited by moley27

Do you still do it this way @@Owderb? Or are you using GA Flush?

1 person likes this

I use no flush

Owd

1 person likes this