Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
potsmoker93

Xxl Tent 2.4 Width. Fan Choice As I Cocked It Up?

Hi folks, this is basically what happened.

I had a 150mm and 200mm in a single 1.2 by 1.2m tent, also bought a xxl 2.4 width the large one which houses two aeroponics, so basically decided to change them over to the xxl tent and buy more rvk's for single tent.

So did exactly that only bought a 100mm for intake for the single tent and 150mm extraction, problem is my 100mm RVK intake for single tent is shite, doesn't keep temps down at all.

To cut a long story short I then decided borrow back the 150mm intake and put in the single tent and 150mm for extraction and dump the 100mm off the roof for simple pleasure, so I now have a 200mm extraction for 2.4 width tent and need a suggestion for intake rvk wise, 100mm is totally useless do not buy them.

100mm rvk is not even as powerful as my 6 inch fan bought for 4 pounds, total shit, was thinking for the XXL 2.4m width to have 200mm extraction and perhaps 150mm or 175mm if they do it, or would you go for 2 x 200mm hence buy another 200mm RVK for intake.

Plants really suffering in my propagator drinking all the water daily, nightmare, need this sorted asap to house the new plants in aeroponics tanks, any help would be brilliant.

Know a few use double tents so would like suggestions, would rather have overkill than fans that struggle and stay on longer.

To get proper advice, you need to tell us what lights you have in each tent. Also, more important, do you have CFs on the extract, if so what size and make. So that's lights total input for your tent. Are you taking your intake from inside or directly from outside air?

I basically have 2 x 600w lights hps and a 200mm carbon filter and 200mm rvk fan for the 2.4m length xxl tent extraction, the intake is coming from the loft and the extraction after it goes through the Carbon Filter will go up the chimney. I am also using a primair controller in this tent to control both fans so once temperature is up to speed they should run constantly but not on full power, will hit full power should it exceed the temps in tent with the fan controller.

Just unsure as to what size intake would be best suited for that size, baring in mind they will not run full power very often due to fan controller so would it be worth perhaps a 200mm intake, 150mm?

I basically don't want the fans on to long on full power so would like to drop temps fast should it exceed the temp range i set it on controller, any help would be great.

The tent size is 1.2 width by 2.4 length by 6ft height xxl size.

Edited by potsmoker93

I basically have 2 x 600w lights hps and a 200mm carbon filter and 200mm rvk fan for the 2.4m length xxl tent extraction, the intake is coming from the loft and the extraction after it goes through the Carbon Filter will go up the chimney. I am also using a primair controller in this tent to control both fans so once temperature is up to speed they should run constantly but not on full power, will hit full power should it exceed the temps in tent with the fan controller.

Just unsure as to what size intake would be best suited for that size, baring in mind they will not run full power very often due to fan controller so would it be worth perhaps a 200mm intake, 150mm?

I basically don't want the fans on to long on full power so would like to drop temps fast should it exceed the temp range i set it on controller, any help would be great.

The tent size is 1.2 width by 2.4 length by 6ft height xxl size.

Your RVK 200 fan. Is it the 200E2 -A1 or the 200E2-L1?. What distance in metres, is the chimney run, that is from the point that you get your ducting into it, and the discharge point. I assume that it's a brick structural chimney, of around 150 180 mm diameter. If it's significantly different, describe it. Finally, what make is your CF?. Sorry, I'm a Vent design engineer, for many years, and I like to do things right, so there's no surprises in operation.

[Your RVK 200 fan. Is it the 200E2 -A1 or the 200E2-L1?. What distance in metres, is the chimney run, that is from the point that you get your ducting into it, and the discharge point.

The RVK 200mm extraction fan is 200E2-A1 model. The carbon filter iv no idea but it is made for a 200mm rvk fan, have a pic here, tis 2ft in length and is very heavy.

post-26029-1200782722_thumb.jpg

Chimney is over 2ft wide and is brick, but leads to outside, basically tis a coal fire which im using, will be above 130ft above ground level.

post-26029-1200782792_thumb.jpg

As for the distance from the extraction point to chimney is 14ft of ducting, the room is huge, will basically have carbon filter in tent then ductiing, then attached to fan and udcting the otherside and out up the chimney. Well unless there is a better way. The intake is coming from the loft which is also 14ft long and 18ft wide above that room, so plenty of room for fresh air, cold up there as well.

post-26029-1200782923_thumb.jpg

Thanks folks, I was going to ask Weedling but he/she has been offline since the 4th, 16 days now, hope all is well.

Edited by potsmoker93

Just checked the filter and it states this on the site.

THE CF780 CARBON FILTER IS MANUFACTURED USING ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY VIRGIN CARBON WHICH IS MANUFACTURED SPECIFICALLY FOR AIR QUALITY TREATMENT AND THE REMOVAL OF UNWANTED ODOURS.

CF780 IS 500MM LONG AND HAS A 200MM CONNECTION FOR A 200MM OR 8" FAN.

1 person likes this

Just checked the filter and it states this on the site.

THE CF780 CARBON FILTER IS MANUFACTURED USING ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY VIRGIN CARBON WHICH IS MANUFACTURED SPECIFICALLY FOR AIR QUALITY TREATMENT AND THE REMOVAL OF UNWANTED ODOURS.

CF780 IS 500MM LONG AND HAS A 200MM CONNECTION FOR A 200MM OR 8" FAN.

[/quote

Potsmoker93.

From the information you've given I would recommend that you use the 200 A1 on intake, and that for extract you need a 200 L1 at least, and I wouldn't be surprised if others recommend that you go to an 250L!, because even using a 200L! which is a lot more effective than the 200A1, it is still getting near it's limit.

The reasons for this are:-

1 200 A1 delivers 760m3/hr at 415 pa pressure.

2 200 L1 delivers 880m3/hr at 495pa pressure.

Your grow space requires ACTUAL flow rate of 520 m3/hr.

What you actually get in terms of flow is NOT what it says in the catalogue, or on the box, because whatever fittings you put on the end of the fan creates resistance, especially with a carbon filter. Given the details you've given the resistance of the extract system is around 250pa. If you now look at the performance graph that came with the 200 A1 and draw a line across that resistance of 250pa you will see that you will get an ACTUAL flow rate of 415m3/hr. You require 520m3/hr to keep temps to 28 deg C, or below.

The above is based on my understanding that your grow space is in the room immediately below the attic.

Sorry to be so technical but as others have frequently remarked environment is critical to your grow.

Hope this helps. Wait for some more comments if you can.

Doing some digging just after reading, what about this, could use this for extraction and fit a carbon filter or use it as intake, it is 200mm also so could fit carbon filter without buying another carbon filter 250mm bigger to fit a bigger 250mm fan for extraction in order to solve this problem.

This is the spec copied and pasted.

SYSTEMAIRS 200MM (8" TURBO) FAN HAS AN AIR FLOW RATE OF 950M3 PER HOUR.

200MM (8" TURBO) RVK FAN

TOP QUALITY RVK FAN FROM SYSTEMAIR.

100% BRAND NEW AND IN BOX READY FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH.

SYSTEMAIR FANS ARE EXTREMELY QUIET BUT ALSO VERY POWERFUL, OFFERING EXCELLENT EXTRACTION RATES - AND THEY ALSO COME WITH A FULL TWO YEAR GUARANTEE ON THE MOTOR.

Edited by potsmoker93

Doing some digging just after reading, what about this, could use this for extraction and fit a carbon filter or use it as intake, it is 200mm also so could fit carbon filter without buying another carbon filter 250mm bigger to fit a bigger 250mm fan for extraction in order to solve this problem.

This is the spec copied and pasted.

SYSTEMAIRS 200MM (8" TURBO) FAN HAS AN AIR FLOW RATE OF 950M3 PER HOUR.

200MM (8" TURBO) RVK FAN

TOP QUALITY RVK FAN FROM SYSTEMAIR.

100% BRAND NEW AND IN BOX READY FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH.

SYSTEMAIR FANS ARE EXTREMELY QUIET BUT ALSO VERY POWERFUL, OFFERING EXCELLENT EXTRACTION RATES - AND THEY ALSO COME WITH A FULL TWO YEAR GUARANTEE ON THE MOTOR.

potsmoker93 Apologies, I made an error in my previous post stating that the RVK200 L1 delivers 880m3/hr it delivers 950m3/hr, so the fan that your'e talking about is the fan that I recommended.

RVK200 L1 delivers 880m3/hr it delivers 950m3/hr, so the fan that your'e talking about is the fan that I recommended.

Would this be for extraction i take it with a carbon filter on the end, or for intake, sorry feeling dense here, been a great help. :yinyang:

RVK200 L1 delivers 880m3/hr it delivers 950m3/hr, so the fan that your'e talking about is the fan that I recommended.

Would this be for extraction i take it with a carbon filter on the end, or for intake, sorry feeling dense here, been a great help. :yinyang:

Potsmoker93.

The fan rated at 950m3/hr is the RVK L1 and is the one that should be fitted on the extract, with filter etc. Remember when fitting the filter NOT to connect the fan and filter direct, because that propogates motor noise uneccessarily, sometimes significantly. It is industry practice to isolate the fan from any other components by canvas collar, or in small systems like your own by a short piece of flex ducting obviously of the same diameter.

Excellent, I shall use it on extraction then and place the carbon filter in tent and then 200mm ducting to it with brackets and then ducting to fan with brackets and ducting other side of fan with brackets and then up the chimney.

You have been a great help, going to order monday and setup hopefully for wednesday, got 2ft plants here with no home :doh:, well propagator at present and they are drinking the whole tank daily. Quicker i get them in the better, gonna have problems with height otherwise, vegged for 7 weeks.

Thankies :rofl:

Excellent, I shall use it on extraction then and place the carbon filter in tent and then 200mm ducting to it with brackets and then ducting to fan with brackets and ducting other side of fan with brackets and then up the chimney.

You have been a great help, going to order monday and setup hopefully for wednesday, got 2ft plants here with no home :doh:, well propagator at present and they are drinking the whole tank daily. Quicker i get them in the better, gonna have problems with height otherwise, vegged for 7 weeks.

Thankies :rofl:

I'm a vent man, not a grower. I'd feel a lot happier if you can wait for some input from some of the experienced growers on this site, before you order. Two or more heads etc.

I'm a vent man, not a grower. I'd feel a lot happier if you can wait for some input from some of the experienced growers on this site, before you order. Two or more heads etc.

Got to wait till monday to order anyway but if I have a problem will use the 200mm L1 in single tent in summer will be better that the 150mm at present, so will just get another 250mm or larger should it not be sufficiant and use that.

All in all should be ok, cheers fella. :rofl: