Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bazza82

Biddy's Sister + Biddy Early Grow

115 posts in this topic

nice mate all going well by the looks of things for you bazza

they look lush

good luck

(still got mine to pop here)

Hi TB,

thanks man :yinyang: , here are the 2 i'm left with due to space in the grow room - 1 Biddy's Sister + 1 Biddy Early in their final pots - 6.5l, i've basically felt like crap for the last week as i feel as though i've let Gerrit down as i can't grow out each plant to their full potential due to lack of space in the grow room but i've managed to save clones of the ones i couldn't keep :smoke:

Start of Day 2 of 12/12

post-21226-1202649699_thumb.jpg

Pic of them in the grow room, i'm keeping them under the MH for the first week of flowering then change over to the HPS :yinyang:

post-21226-1202650002_thumb.jpg

Hi Bazza,

No need to feel bad, the seeds where given without "strings attached" so it's up to you what to do with them.

Just out of curiosity though, what happened that made you decide throwing out 8 from 10 before sexing?

Thinning out when you have more plants than space is a good idea, but I'll doubt that it's smart to do so before sex has shown.

Fingers crossed that they both end up female.

Gerrit

Hi Bazza,

After reading your post again I've noticed that you kept clones from all of them so nothing seems to be lost.

A good solution to cope with the lack of space in my view.

Gerrit

Thanks Gerrit :russian:

Now at the beggining of Day 7 of 12/12, really happy with how they're looking so far, almost 100% sure the Biddy's Sister is female, still not showing pistels yet but pretty sure its calyxs i see and not pollen sacks, the Biddy Early is showing sex now as well, 1 or 2 more days and i'll know for certain if it's male or famale, pretty sure it's calyxs i see appearing, when i've been using a HPS in the past all the way through veg + flowering the first calyxs to appear are usually really small almost look like little hooks but now i've got a seperate MH i've noticed that on all the plants that their first set of calyxs are fatter, bigger looking, hopefully this is a good sign, peace, Baz :spliff:

post-21226-1203082798_thumb.jpg

Day 7 of 12/12

Bird's eye view :russian:

post-21226-1203082937_thumb.jpg

Day 7 of 12/12

Biddy Early :russian:

post-21226-1203083061_thumb.jpg

Day 7 of 12/12

Biddy's Sister

From tomorrow i'll be changing over to the HPS :yinyang:

post-21226-1203083199_thumb.jpg

Looking good Bazza, wish I'd kept my nodes that tight mine are a bit lanky.

Hi Dr BA,

thanks mate :wassnnme: , just found out the worst possible result - Biddy's Sister is 100% male :stoned: but the Biddy Early is 100% female, most of my plants/strains i kept to put into flower have turned out male, now left with 3 plants altogether :yep: , from now on i'm not gonna guess the plants sex before they show it, i'm gonna wait until i can be 100% sure what sex they are, i made the mistake of throwing out the tallest ones thinking they were male, Baz.

Hi Bazza,

To bad about the male but it's not the worst possible, you still have a female Biddy Early and cuts from the others, right?

@ Wasabi, They will not turn purple (or maybe some purple/red coloring of calyxes at best) when the temperatures don't drop.

The purple does not show in indoor grows unless you are willing to compromise yield and quality somewhat by letting the cold outdoor air in at lights off.

It's hard to tell from a picture but it looks like it's a Biddy Early, not a sista.

Gerrit

Hi Bazza,

To bad about the male but it's not the worst possible, you still have a female Biddy Early and cuts from the others, right?

@ Wasabi, They will not turn purple (or maybe some purple/red coloring of calyxes at best) when the temperatures don't drop.

The purple does not show in indoor grows unless you are willing to compromise yield and quality somewhat by letting the cold outdoor air in at lights off.

It's hard to tell from a picture but it looks like it's a Biddy Early, not a sista.

Gerrit

Hi Gerrit,

yeah saved clones of the ones i never kept, checked the propagator this morning and it seems there's a few of them with roots out the root riot cubes, i'm really pleased as it's my first time attempting to clone and wasn't expecting them to root, hopefully they continue to do fine so i can get some Biddy's Sister + Biddy Early clones to go in the grow room with the lone Biddy Early, peace, Baz :smoke:

seems i'm the only one who hasn't got or had these seeds :) ...would love to try the strain that's crossed with warlock ;) anyways bazza good luck with the rest of your grow mate :D

Hi Luvmybuds, cheers mate, you should buy yourself a pack and try them out, i think the Biddy's Sister's are gonna be available to buy soon, peace, Baz :)

Update:

Day 10 of 12/12

the Biddy Early seems to be getting on great, i'm pleasantly surprised how short she is at this stage, i was expecting it to get really tall, she's got nice tight nodes on her, the aroma is picking up slightly as well, she is 14 inches high (1 foot 2 inches), peace, Baz

post-21226-1203341588_thumb.jpg

looking sweet baz real sweet :) sorry to hear your down to three, be careful because there going to end up like this baby, its supposed to be a biddy early but could well be a biddys sister cos i waz stoned planting them, sorry to hijack your thread mate but if gerrit could answear what stage is it supposed to turn purple?

post-22766-1203174535_thumb.jpg

Hi Wasabi,

your Biddy Early is looking good mate, how tall is she?, tried to get a close-up of the first set of pistels, peace, Baz :smoke:

post-21226-1203341766_thumb.jpg