Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2old2rock'nroll

anyone use envirolites?

22 posts in this topic

Hi all?

Just been browsin on overgrow, whoops is that a swear word, and found a thread about some relatively new florescents called Envirolites.

I found out that they come in 125 and 95 watt sizes and give out around 10,000 - 12500 lumens.They also come in a blue or red spectrum. Apparently they run at a cost of around 1 pence an hour. Eat ya' heart out Electric companies. or is that figure baloney.

So, has anyone tried these types of lights for growing, are they really good as hps watt for watt? I was considering them for more than just cloning.

Here's a couple of links:

Starlite

attic

fearless gardener

I could see that they might be ok for sog.

ide like to add something there if i may if these are good enough lights do you need a ballast and hwo much US money is it

They have an internal ballast, built in and i believe i saw that they cost around $100 each. They also run very cool, so no over heating in the growroom.

AWSOME COULD YOU SHOW ME A LINK

If the running cost is 1p/Hr then thats fantastic!

I think they would be fine for veging :D I think you need roughly 30/40,000 lumens to flower and have a decent yeild.

I suppose the light will give stronger veging plants as 95/125 watt is a fair amount and also taking into consideration the lumens these give. However at £79 + delivery i think thats alot just for a veging light.

Remember your ideal temps are between 20 & 30 celceus if the light is so cool as it says

"Working temperature is so low, you can actually touch the bulb while it is on without injury."

you might actually need to put some heat into your gr depending on your house temperature etc....

Which spectrum is best to buy blue or red? (i forget) ;)

Rizla' date='+Apr 10 2003, 09:42 AM']

Which spectrum is best to buy blue or red? (i forget) :wassnnme:

blue for veg, red for flower.

All to do with seasons and how far away from the sun you are, more blue light in spring/summer when the sun is higher in the sky and closer to you so less light gets blocked by the atmosphere, red in autumn, just think about the lovely autumn amber sky's when the sun is lower and farther away and as red light has different wavelength to blue light it travels thought the atmosphere better. realised I am rambling a bit now so I'll stop. :woot:

well seems as though u put it that way...tnx :D

Edited by [PTJ]Rizla+

Smokeymacpot,

refer to my first post for Links.

Anyone out there actually used these lights for a full grow?

Ahhh! but think of that electric bill Hydro. ;)

:ninja: so has anyone actually bought one of these and tryed em out ??

please post if you have, negative as well as positive, dont be shy if you bought one and are now regreting it lol we've all been there before.

hope everyone is keeping well ??

take care

hemlok

I am currently using 10-125watt red spectrum envirolites for my bud room, and 2-125watt blue spectrum for momma's and clones. I have 2 rhino and 1 hash plant momma's that are 2.5ft. tall and 1.5 wide. They are 62days old and I just took 165 clones from them last week and you can hardly tell that I touched them. The blues definitley work. As for the bud room, I vegged under the red spectrum for 2weeks, after the first week I removed four fan leaves creating a staircase to the fifth node then topped them. A week later they are all 9 inches tall with 6-10 main shoots. Placed on 12/12 cycle and on day 6 hairs started to show, by day 20 buds are all 1inch thick. I am on the 30 day and the plants are all just over 1.5ft. and thick with buds. At 10 plants per bulb, these little lights do work. I just hope they have power to finish these buds nicely. If anyone has finished a cycle on these lights only please let me know how it turned out.

The theory behind these lights is that you can have them millimeters from the plant without burning them and at that height you are releasing 12,000lumens on top of the plant, whereas a 1000watt sodium releases around a 140,000lumens brand new but at 4ft. from the light you are at 1/16th the power.

And yes the cost per light was 150dollars canadian, but they are garaunteed not to loose any intensity for 10,000hours. And with a miniscual heat signature, venting problems are almost non-exsistent. Plus you dont have to worry about circuit boards, wiring, remote ballasts or heavy power consumption. At 125watts and .3amps I draw the same amount of power as one 1000watt hid but I have 120,000lumens that I can place directly above the plants where and when I want it. So far so good I just have too cross my fingers for the next 4weeks.

Nice bcuzz. Very nice. Im definately going ahead with one for my mother. I havnt got alot of space but when she gets to big, ill just clone her and grow another mother. Is there loss of vigour when taking a mother from a mother etc? Sorry about wasting space with my envirolight thread, i didnt see this one! :mashed::huh:

HI Everyone,

I've got one of those 125w blue spectrum envirolites in my veg room.

Only got cuttings under it at the moment but they are looking very healthy.

Initially i had a 250w hid but it sent the temperatures mad in such a small space so i bought the envirolite. Hardly produces any heat at all, you can touch it whilst its on!

I paid £60 for the bulb but i didn't shop around so i'm not sure whats the cheapest you can get them for. They just screw into the mini-wing reflectors aswell! No Ballast!

Overall i'd say i'm pretty impressed with it :) the fact that they cost very little to run and they last pretty much forever is a bonus!

:)

60£ for a 125w? Where is this from vrg?? :)

Hey Jammin, Cloning from clones have no problems in the short term, but after repeating this method for a while you can produce genetic mutations in the plant. I do know people who have done this for years and have had no problems what so ever. Another method which I like to use if space is an issue, Bonsai trees. When you transplant your momma next time, place it in a netted pot and start trimming all the lower branches off so there is nothing but stem about 6-10inches from the soil. Remember these envirolites are great but unless you have them hanging inside the canopy they will only penetrate a thick momma about 2ft. inside. Now that you've started your bonsai, begin removing some large fan leaves that are blocking those beautiful cloning spots, and cut back the tops so you have an even plant profile. When you reach the height you want for your momma, you start pruning the roots coming out of the netted pot. Every time you cut back the roots you stop vertical growth. This way it gives you exact control over size of your momma. I had two 3ft. mommas that where 1.5years old and where giving me about 50 clones each a month. Unfortunatly I lost them in a raid, but the sweet just isn't as sweet without the bitter in life. I do recommend this method if your growing in a small space and you just can't stand to kill your momma to start a new life cycle.

Peace & bountiful harvesting. :puke: