Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muscleman2444

Yeast Sugar =co2?

right guys im starting my second grow,6 weeks veggin 6litre pots im doin scrog due to height ,2bb started 12/12

3 days ago ive got 2 inlet computer fans 1 4inch outlet extractor fan 1 big fan in room +2 comp fans circulating the air

temps r 74 to 84 humitity 50 .. now question is i read about yeast an sugar mix meant to be good for extra co2

will it help my plans an how many bottles of this mix will i need to make an improvement to my 1mtr by half mtr by 49inches high grow box .. im only just a member today an this my first question to all u experenced growers thank

you kindly. love this site been gettin loads of brillant info ty

2lb sugar and a tablespoon of brewers yeast in a demojohn wiv warm water three quaters full air bubble trap in bung on top. This i change every 2 weeks :yahoo::):smoke::thumsup::guitar: DPB

2lb sugar and a tablespoon of brewers yeast in a demojohn wiv warm water three quaters full air bubble trap in bung on top. This i change every 2 weeks lollol:pimp::oasma::blues: DPB

thank for reply dr pure im gonna try first thing 2morrow .how many of those whould i need for my small growbox?

any idea roughly

You can also get a bit tech about it if you want. 180g of sugar will produce 44g of CO2. And 44g of will take up 22.4 dm3 or 22.4 litres of space. Once you have seen how long the yeast take to use the sugar you can ge a rough idea of the rate at which the co2 is being released. From that you can then work out how many containers you will need for your space to increase the co2 levels to that which you want. Just remeber that if the room is small and you have good extraction there is no point doing this just chuck one or 2 in. ;)

thanks i was having probelms wit the amount of sugar i was putting in, far to liitle sugar so now ill increase sugar

thanks alot.let ye know how i get on

how many of those whould i need for my small growbox?

If you've got a small growbox, why do want CO2?

I thought the idea of CO2 was to get the plants as big as possible...

You'd probably be better off just focussing on the ventilation, and upping that if necessary. Good vents in a small growbox should provide all the CO2 you need, IMHO.

And you won't waste growspace by filling it with manky bottles...

You can also get a bit tech about it if you want. 180g of sugar will produce 44g of CO2. And 44g of will take up 22.4 dm3 or 22.4 litres of space.

Suger fermentation releases ~50% of its mass in CO2 as long as the alcohol level doesn't rise above the yeast strains %limit. So for your example 180g produces more like ~90g:-

sucrose has a molecular mass of 342 with 12 carbons, ferment it to roughly get 4 ethanols and 4 carbon dioxides. 4 CO2 have a mass of 176 so around 50% of the original mass.

sorry but gotta ask its buggin me

you know fizzy drinks in particular that nasty cheap tonic water thats proper fizzy? what is the gas in the bubbles?? is it co2

sorry but gotta ask its buggin me

you know fizzy drinks in particular that nasty cheap tonic water thats proper fizzy? what is the gas in the bubbles?? is it co2

yep, drinks fiz is co2. hence pubs using it. beer aint fizzy in the keg.

ha, u didnt have to answer that daft quesion but thanks :wink_kiss:

Vinegar + Plus baking powder = Co2 aswell

yeh but doesnt ot froth up like fuck and spray smelly foam over your plants??

get yourself one of them plastic containers out of a kinder egg, fill one half with vinegar one with soda, stick em together and throw it lightnin fast befor it blows....ahhhh..school

yeh but doesnt ot froth up like fuck and spray smelly foam over your plants??

get yourself one of them plastic containers out of a kinder egg, fill one half with vinegar one with soda, stick em together and throw it lightnin fast befor it blows....ahhhh..school

only if u built the worst delivery system on earth....its not the froth ya want its the gas its releasing in those frothing bubbles.....if the reaction was exposed to the surrounding place yeah expect spray ....if it builds up and travels before escaping from a enclosed space then the gas itself will come out free of its frothy mess, and well smell is not the Cos either its ouderless :yinyang:

Any fermenting reaction creating Co2 will create a smell, home brews stink that fermentation happening.

But well to be honest i think ya wasting ya time, ya need be running multiple HPS lights to gain any benefit from raised CO2....higher cos benefits come into play with higher light levles found naturally at higher altitudes above sea level

when ya get to stage of needing extra C0s ya would be running say 6 400w HPS lights and price of a real Co2 delivery system with bottles of the stuff would be just another part ya growroom....if got wee drobe ya wasting ya i reckon

yeah your right. i have no need for extra co2 and was never gonna try it or buy anything! good to know what works tho for when i get that big farmhouse in the country, thats after i win euromillions