Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Search the Community: Showing results for tags 'socially acceptable'.
Found 1 result
Egzoset posted a topic in Vapour HeadsSalutations, At some point during the spring of 2012 i acquired my very 1st VG pipe, out of curiosity, only to give it away within the week as i recall: i just didn't have the required operator skills! Meanwhile, after only 6 months or so, using an HerbalAire v2.1 table vaporizer (ballons, custom whip) some nuisible side-effects gradually appeared. Eventually i later concluded there was a lack of proper "conditioning", though i remember instead i've actually selected this particular ready-made commercially-available product simply to help promote future easy/convenient replication, e.g. solely based on my preferences for its SiC Core, exactly. Honestly, the Self-Moisturization/Auto-Conditioning aspects only arrived some while after my "Prototyping Platform" experiments started, the year after. Then a succession of trial & error "iterations" took place until i managed to approximately identify a suitable "Sweet-Spot" for my target "Range of Applications" - though i must highlight that doing so equally affected that pipe's fundamentals significantly enough to have a change of its corresponding ritual as well... One old problem i faced was VG's preference for yellow flames: real progress didn't happen as long as i was stuck with this limitation, i needed a radical solution which was to cut into wood and metal in order to shorten the Inlet/Flame-Catcher/Monobloc path ending with my Hybrid Core "Front Puck (removed): The Flame-Catcher (not shown) fits on top, separated by a tiny space inside a wood Sphere. The genuine large VG cavity seemed to result in excess exhaust accumulation threatening to extinguish my blue flame... This is my "4-20" Hybrid-Core configuration: Take note that switching to a blue flame also caused a paradoxical need to move the core structure closer to my cannabic bowl: longer delays promoted worse errors... So that how the new custom-made 17-Holes Metal Disc ends up at the top of the Screw-Base Cavity located right next to the main Core Cavity in the Monobloc, euh... Which means only the larger 3.33 mm thick SiC Front Puck is installed in place of the previous 7.5 mm thick SiC Puck, with its complement parts displaced into that auxiliary cavity. So, the Metal Disc and Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck are slightly smaller in diameter, especially the later as it is wrapped by a screen of brass with a double function: a) shield action by redistributing heat; b) mechanical resilient support. This is the whole finished set (at right) beside an obsolete smoker artifact many decades older (at left): The flexible PVC Extension Tubing provides a "socially-acceptable" feature by promoting "Harm-Reduction" aspects as self-awareness (via direct visual feedback on accumulating condensed water), "Micro-Bursting"/"Micro-Dosage"/"Packetization" of the "Heat Charge", nearly separated "Pre-Heating" and "Vaporization" phases (with adapted inhalation force depending on the presence or absence of potential butane-related by-products), gentle filtration meant to preserve aroma/taste, etc., etc. Here's my "Lava" concept in schematic form, maybe the changes will be grasped more spontaneously: It's a thermal bottle, essentially. In "iddle" state no airflow occurs so the 2 sides made of SiC appear like thermal insulators, while the screen side that was relatively cold turns hot once the aerial stream inside is set in motion. In other words the structure behaves in contrasting ways depending on airflow, which is a transitional event no longer than a few seconds compared to the minutes of other vaporizers. The trick is to use brief/dense heat pulses to pre-heat the core, then the flame is removed, then inhalation can gain in force to begin having real fun... Also note that this configuration should prove readily compatible with Induction Heat combined to Curie-effect alloys for increased precision: temperature and mass of the "susceptor" would then define the amount of replicable "Heat Charge" that can be temporarily stored, etc. Lots of day-dreaming in perspective! The final goal i guess is to vaporize only the surface and not the underlying vegetal substrate under, or avoid "baking", over-heating, whatever, etc., etc. In pure "Plan-A" (Induction Heat) mode there would be no butane to supply super-heated gases (H2O and CO2) but i figure that can be dealth otherwise, since 1 coil can energize more than 1 "susceptor" simultaneously. For example, it would be no trouble having an auxiliary boiler/evaporator besides the main Hybrid Core: Instead of trichomes this one would pre-heat distilled water to feed a moisturizing adjustment valve, etc... M'well, that's it. I've shown what it has become and even what could be awaiting next - too bad the manufacturer doesn't want to be bothered with it! Yet the gain from a moddified version vastly overrides a lack of warranty IMO... Good day, have fun!!