Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2,330 topics in this forum

• 7 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 42 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 36 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 1 reply

• iShouldCoCo
      I used Poundland coco bricks for my first coco grow, started before signing up on here (although I did google about it and that's how I ended up lurking here!). I read some coco can have salt residue so as a precaution, I dumped a couple of bricks in a trug in the bath and ran the shower on it (warm) and let it soak over night. Then used my hands to scoop it up and squeeze it and chuck it into another trug, finally using a big sieve to scoop it/pour it through. I then did it again before using. I didn't measure EC or PH though, so can't tell you any numbers. In hindsight, it is a faff. If you don't have plenty of time on your hands then I'd measure EC before deciding to rinse. I am sure I read some threads about one of the big canna specific coco products having high salt levels somewhere but forum search required!
    • Conspiranought
      To be honest I haven't bothered started any seeds and just finished a grow. Just going to wait until about early september now. There's other reasons I'm putting it on hold too though but the weather plays a part in that. I'm in the bottom flat of a 2 story, so the way I have to extract is not that great as it is as I have no loft. The extract point is the same as the intake pretty much, basically just a grow stuck in a cupboard. It gave me a decent turnout though as evident by pics but they did foxtail a bit at the end due to the heat. And now it's even hotter.
    • The Green Manalishi
      only decent way to get temps down this time of year is with aircon, nothing worse than watching the mercury creep to uncomfortable levels, I'm drying at the moment and the aircon has been running 24/7  don't want to be drying in height temps either.
    • Phoenix
      They do all sorts.  They are proper fans for hot environments and countries.  Designed to last.  Manufacturers know that Britain only buy fans on the hottest day and then use them once or twice.   It's a bit like Gatwick when it snows.