Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dutch Passion

Support forum for Dutch Passion Seeds

gallery_78953_6269_18093.jpg

551 topics in this forum

• 315 replies
    • 125 replies
    • 337 replies
    • 81 replies
    • 153 replies
    • 319 replies
    • 60 replies
    • 143 replies
    • 85 replies
    • 270 replies
    • 63 replies
    • 132 replies
    • 96 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 397 replies
    • 61 replies
    • 205 replies
    • 171 replies
    • 152 replies
    • 85 replies
    • 309 replies
    • 178 replies
    • 144 replies
    • 345 replies

• Egzoset
      Hi again PotHead11, Salutations iShouldCoCo,     Oh, those are truly pleasant news to read here!  May you enjoy this time safely & reliably!!       That's a major problem if dealing with Mazzilli modules, all too often confused with true "ZVS" ones (which ain't actually synonymous).   Judging from what i read it turns out its so-called "simplicity" required trade-offs i wouldn't personally want to agree on, but this is a semi-DiY HOBBY and we're all grown-ups.  We've all read the safety notice, right?   So please use those adult toys with care, eBay's over-simplified Mazzilli modules never got corrected since over 10 years ago, which explains why it became necessary to build protective features AROUND it...  Which is even more complicated than starting from a fresh set of design criterias, hence at the present evolution rate i'll say it may be necessary to refocuss, or wait a decade if not more.  Did i mention JAi's Curie Pyrolizer got patented in 1969?...   Anyway, enjoy the view besides a few privilegded enthousiasts willing to join IH pioneers!   ...   But please try not to loose an eye doing so, i mean literally, in case i ain't made myself clear hey!  Treat with as much respect as if it were plutonium!   ...    In other words i'd put it in a solid box, a closed one.  Beware of close proximity to metal objects...  Other than that i don't see what could go wrong besides robot smoke:  e.g. maybe it would be preferable to mount a smoke detector inside, euh...  Ah and an X-ray machine, in case you must detect explosives around - which must be most convenient in airports!!  Hummm...  M'well, maybe not.   Anyway, remember it's a power device submitted under serious electrical stress and it's NOT equiped with safety functions - by design, to meet neo-KISS objectives i suppose.  Of course a work-coil can take it indefinitely, but there's no absolute garanty against catastrophic capacitor failure, eventually.  In short there's no economy to make on power capacitors intended for the Mazzilli modules nor its casing, provided the hobbyists can detect potential rejects, clones or fakes...  For that reason i'd much prefer an "Eval Kit" designed by the semiconductor foundry to demonstrate its power-switching products, and now that energy needs to go green high-efficiency transformation never made so much sense.  Most unfortunately the popular Mazzilli modules often restrict the type of semiconductor technology to gamble on and it appears in the present context MOSFETs have been rendered nearly obsolete by Galim Nitride...  So, the next step is to search for Gate Drivers compatible with both MOSFETs & GaN power devices, naturally.   Well, table units can operate on high-voltage, right from the wall-plug.  In that case iGBTs running above 300 Volts would probably have an edge of MOSFETs, or maybe not - i'm not done reading through on-line documentation just yet!   The little i read about power supplies for DV IH-drivers felt like it takes some beaffy animal to compensate for the originel sin...  I'd be wrong to try to be specific but that going to rate in the hundred Watts, maybe 2 if you like to have margins.  The problem is the dumb power driver, looping on itself through cross-connected diodes which expose to a severely "forbiden" state:  it's called interlock by some, shooting-thru by others.  It might be a great idea to try fixing those boards with SiC diodes, supposed to switch states practically instantaneously.  Then maybe the Mazzilli topology shall live again!  But right now i wouldn't want to trust it in its present condition.   Perhaps a strict discipline in folling operational directives may suffice to avoid misadventures as others described.         As long as you've been correctly informed to assume responsability i can only hope you get all the proper assistance it requires.  With both fingers crossed...   Good day, have fun!!  ...  I really mean it. 
    • Cashmere Moments
      I read, earlier in the thread, that ot1 recommended 2 handfuls of rock dust for every 15 litres of soil. I weighed up two handfuls, rougly 350 grams, that's a little over half of what's suggested on the bag I have (label says: 2 kg per 50 litres, I would use less though). Is that still considered a good amount to use?    
    • Sp1n
      Gentle Giant BBC 1978 - Free Hand   
    • pothead11
      Just purchased a 12v 6amp supply for 3.99 including delivery . They estimate 1st to 10th September but I'm thinking way earlier (hopefully). Don't know where it is coming from.