Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sweet Seeds Competition Grow Diaries 2011/12

large.Novedades.png.62482e5d64de6b52b509

146 topics in this forum

• 584 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 69 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 45 replies
    • 201 replies
    • 1,338 replies
    • 85 replies
    • 306 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 38 replies
    • 507 replies
    • 171 replies
    • 223 replies
    • 132 replies
    • 99 replies
    • 68 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 392 replies
    • 105 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 193 replies
    • 86 replies
    • 119 replies
    • 60 replies

• Exhale
      Haarlem is a nice (quiet) place with plenty of places to eat. The last time I went I paid less than 2 euro for the train from Centraal station.   Centraal is great but for a first time visit you need a game plan of sorts because there's so much there to see.   Have a look online at what takes your interest, it's an easy place to get around and I would suggest a day just for walking and toking, take a boat ride, there's some great building an architecture you don't tend to notice when walking around looking for something specific.   As you're a first timer, watch out for the cyclists. They don't always use bells and they will just run into you, the natives have a quiet dislike of tourists!
    • GreenVision
      @grumpy1  Hi ya mate, I've grown pretty much every method there is and DWC / RDWC is my fav' hydro method.    From what I've read my best advice would be to start off with the basics, just try to get a grow through to the end with some fair to good results before concerning yourself with specific nutrient levels. Of the handful of growers on UK420  I know that use either DWC or RDWC most if not all of them grow really good buds without ever knowing the exact levels of Cal / Mag etc in they're water.   Go with DWC if you haven't done it before, if its possible to us your RO filter mix 50-60% RO water with 40-50% tap water, this should bring your EC down to about 0.2.. Use soft water nutrients and add a good quality Cal/Mag supplement to your res water before adding your base nutrients. As an example, start with 0.2 EC. then bring your EC to 0.4 with just Cal/Mag then go up to 0.7EC with your base nutrients. Then adjust as you go onward's through the growth stages.     The most important thing is your PH, and I cant stress this enough with DWC/ RDWC. You can tailor your water to the PERFECT levels of Macro and Micro nutrients, but if your PH slips out its all been for nothing. As long as there is generally enough nutrients in the water and the PH is spot on as well as water temps being good the plants will grow without any issues.     If you do decide to grow DWC and do a Diary here give me a mention or PM me and I'll be happy to help as best I can.      GV.
    • catweazle1
      My opinion so far is that Advanced Nutrients have a superb advertising department.  My grandad used to say: "Put shit in a brown paper bag you can sell it".    More seriously, I've been playing with their Sensi Grow with the purported "Ph Perfect technology".  Using RO water with a reading of 5 microsiemens and to a concentration of 1.2EC the pH rises just a bit slower than Ionic or GH nutrients, although it does, in its favour, initially take the pH to the ideal 5.7-5.8 without further addition of acid. In a matter of hours though it's over 6.   I'm unable to grow for awhile, so I'm doing sad experiments like this.
    • doominik
      I use same setup and had drippers (blue ones) getting clogged after 4 weeks-they have stopped spraying water evenly. 
      Now I use plant magic pure clean (works as pH down as well) and had no issues so far.