Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sweet Seeds

Support forum for Sweet Seeds

large.Corpo-600x150_EN.jpg.75571557e5aed

1,063 topics in this forum

• 26 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 45 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 39 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 47 replies
    • 36 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 59 replies

• j.o.i.n.t
      Check this guys twitter profile before offering any support.    
    • redbeard
      Young people 'see cannabis as safer than alcohol' By Katherine SellgrenBBC News family and education reporter   Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES "For me, having cannabis in the evening is the equivalent of having a glass of wine on a Friday night. "People of my generation see cannabis as safer than drinking and safer than smoking," says Faye, 22. "The health risks [of drinking and smoking] have been drummed into us." Faye's comments come as Lord Hague has said he wants to see "decisive change" in the law on cannabis and that the government should consider legalising recreational use of the drug. Faye (not her real name) says the message at her school was simply: "Under no circumstances must you do drugs." Meanwhile, however, pupils were given much more specific information about the dangers of alcoholism and smoking tobacco. "We were just taught to say, 'No.' But young people are going to come into contact with drugs at some point in their lives," Faye says. She believes the education system is struggling to keep up with drug trends and that a message of: "Just say no," does not prepare for youngsters for the realities of a society where drugs are widely available. "You're told your whole life, 'These drugs are bad for you and they could kill you,' and then when you do these drugs and you're fine and having fun, you reflect on your education and think that maybe everything you've been told is wrong," Faye says. In some cases cannabis can increase anxiety and paranoia, lead to confusion and even hallucinations, according to the Royal College of Psychiatrists. There is also "compelling evidence" that regular cannabis use increases the risk of developing psychotic illnesses, such as schizophrenia, particularly in adolescents, according to Dr Marta Di Forti, from King's College London. Writing in the Telegraph newspaper, Lord Hague says that as far as cannabis is concerned "any war has been comprehensively and irreversibly lost". "The idea that the drug can be driven off the streets and out of people's lives by the state is nothing short of deluded," he writes. "Surveys of young people attest that they find it easier to purchase cannabis than virtually anything else, including fast food, cigarettes and alcohol." Statistics from NHS Digital have recently found secondary school children in England are more likely to have tried drugs than cigarettes. The research, published in November, interviewed 12,051 pupils in 177 schools in the autumn term of 2016. Analysis of the results showed 24% of the 11- to 15-year-olds interviewed said they had tried recreational drugs at least once in their lives - a nine percentage point rise on the last survey conducted in 2014. 'I love the way it makes me feel' Darren (not his real name), now 24, has been smoking cannabis since he was 13. "After a busy day at work, you go home and light up and it just relaxes the mind, the body. And, all of a sudden, everything's OK," he says. "I love the way it makes me feel relaxed." Darren agrees with Faye that many young people see cannabis as the safer option to drinking alcohol. "You hear how alcohol can kill, cause liver damage, affect your speech," he says. "People lose limbs and life by doing silly things. "But you don't hear that so much about weed. So, it sounds like a softer option - 'I'm getting a buzz, but I'm not going to die.'" Darren admits that smoking cannabis may have had a detrimental affect on his exam grades and general achievement. "I've done great. But maybe I could have done better? That's the conflict I have daily with smoking weed," he says. "It's lovely in the moment. But then the guilt kicks in an hour later. "And it's costly. And it makes me lazy, sometimes." 'More normalised now' But Darren says that, whatever the positives or negatives of cannabis, the idea of its use being confined to seedy pubs and clubs is far from reality. "You walk out of work or the shopping centre and there are people who sell weed and they'll have no issue approaching you," he says. "It's much more normalised now. People think of it as teenagers on the street corner - but it goes far beyond that, I know. "There are mothers out there smoking it. There are grandparents, police officers, teachers." Faye adds: "It's not just school kids - it stretches far beyond the people you think would do drugs." She believes the taboo around the use of cannabis for private recreational use should be challenged. "I did some ecstasy because they're cheap - but now I do cannabis," Faye says. "It's a treat. It's not something I do regularly. "I just think we need to stop judging people, at the end of the day."
    • redbeard
      I can picture it now, 7 meatheads kicking in the door shouting and theres no one there! that id like to of seen
    • redbeard
      There has been a substantial rise in the number of Britons who think cannabis use for medicinal purposes should be made legal, according to a Sky Data poll. Some 82% of those questioned believe it should be legalised - an increase of 10% compared with a similar Sky survey in November 2016. Only 8% of those questioned thought it should still be illegal, a fall from 15% last time. Meanwhile, there has been a smaller increase in the number who back legalising cannabis for recreational use. Some 41% think it should be allowed (up 4% compared to 2016), and 40% think it should not (down 6% from two years ago). The results come after the high-profile case of a severely epileptic boywhose mother went to Canada to get cannabis oil for him only to have it confiscated on her return to the UK. Charlotte Caldwell said the oil helps her son Billy's condition and she flew to the north American country after his treatment was stopped in the UK. Last week, after the oil was taken away by British authorities, his symptoms worsened and he had more seizures and ended up in hospital. Mrs Caldwell was subsequently told that 12-year-old Billy would be allowed cannabis treatment after the Home Office backed down on banning it. Epileptic child granted right to medicinal cannabis Billy Caldwell, 12, is being allowed to receive cannabis oil after the Home Office overturned a ban on it. A family spokesman said a 20-day supply has been made available. The Home Office said Home Secretary Sajid Javid had used an "exceptional power" to issue the licence for the family. Mr Javid has now declared it is "time to review" the medicinal status of cannabis, but promised it is "not a first step" to legalising the drug for recreational use. He said current laws were "not acceptable to me", as he announced details of the panel being set up to advise ministers on the changes. Image:There appears to be a shift in attitudes towards cannabis use for medicinal purposes Former Tory leader and foreign secretary Lord William Hague also called for the Class-B drug to be legalised for recreational use, and blasted current laws as "inappropriate, ineffective and utterly out of date". Mr Javid ruled out Lord Hague's proposal, but said he would consider changing the law for cannabis where there was "evidence of medical benefits". Genevieve Edwards, director of external affairs at the MS Society, said: "It's a huge step forward that the government is now saying there will be a review into the use of medicinal cannabis - existing evidence of the benefit for MS must be included. "We already know that cannabis for medicinal use could help with pain and muscle spasms for around 10,000 people with MS. These symptoms can be relentless and exhausting and make it impossible to manage daily life. "It's simply wrong that many people are being driven to break the law under current regulations." https://news.sky.com/story/most-britons-want-medicinal-cannabis-legalised-sky-data-poll-11410060