Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hydroponic Q+A

Got a question specific to growing using hydroponics ? ask it here

5,858 topics in this forum

• 154 replies

• 55 replies
    • 51 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 49 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 10 replies
  1. ph meter

• 10 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 15 replies

• Herbal Kint
      Not much,better add 250hps or even metal halid ,get wider spectrum same wattage.
    • anarchycamp
      First time doing regs for me and it only occurred yesterday on final pot up they could still be males,right? Pretty sure I've identified them right  
    • hopscotch123
      Hey,   Im sure I read in a magazine that some people where growing using there main 600w or 1000w light overhead and then also add 4 LED lights to the corner poles of the tent.   Just wondering how much difference a etc 70w or so in each corner? If any good, do anyone have a link for the LED light bars and will tape them to the tent poles.     Cheers    
    • catweazle1
      Your plants are looking ok atm, but with the drastic drop in ec the coco appears to not be buffered properly. Calcium, magnesium and iron are likely getting scavenged by the coco, and those deficiencies will probably appear at some point. You can use calmag or, as Fatboy77 does, keep running nutes at the current strength through frequently until the runoff ec is just about equal to the nutes ec that you put in. I'm assuming your meter is in good order. Unbuffered coco contains ion exchange sites where potassium and sodium ions reside. When it is prepared correctly by the coco processor, by washing in calmag, those 3 ions are replaced by what's in the calmag because they have a greater attraction to those ion exchange sites than sodium, potassium and chlorine, which are displaced. You've caught that early so, after doing that, it should tick along as it has been doing without any negative effects. Once you have sorted that you can lower the ec to 1-1.2ec.