Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hydroponic Q+A

Got a question specific to growing using hydroponics ? ask it here

5,672 topics in this forum

• 41 replies
    • 53 replies
    • 153 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 108 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 10 replies

• twigs
      simply the law..     if people were left alone to grow and smoke weed stories like this would not appear! (if it is a weed story)   dont like it news people?   change the law..   stop arresting people for using and growing a non toxic plant safer than peanuts!
    • blackpoolbouncer
      Don't care about yield. For me it's all about the high, flavour and smell. Which are quite often all related to some extent.   More to the point. I grow what I like. Once you start you notice what families and parent plants have contributed to the strains you enjoy.    For example. Anything with Jack herer or ssh in is right up my street. Trace the parents back to find they are both very closely related one way or another.     I care little for much of this hype mumbo jumbo. I'm not a huge full on indica fan. I find it boring so if it flowers in 8 weeks it's probably not going to lift my frock and put a smile on my face like a 12 or 16 week sat does.   Handy when I wanna go to bed or do sweet fa but I like my weed to make me shine, not turn me unto a zombie with a 1dimemsional high 
    • lemoore00
      Hi all,   I just watched a great video on Youtube about terpenes, and what effects they have, and how to choose your strain based on that information. So I was wondering how people choose what strains to grow? Is it based on the high you want, or flavour, or yield etc? I am on my first grow and I just picked some random cool sounding name as it was all new to me
    • blackpoolbouncer
      I'm aware they can germinate in the absence of a host symbiont but to be fair I was slightly simplifying for everyone rather than confusing.    I found this quite interesting with regards the early stages of Am life   Germination, in arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungi, is not regulated by host-derived signals, since their spores are capable of germination and growth, under adequate physical, chemical and microbiological conditions, in the absence of host plants. The molecular signals which relieve spore dormancy and activate the cell cycle still remain unknown, yet environmental conditions initiating germination processes have been detected in different genera and species of AM fungi. Environmental factors playing the most important roles in spore germination, such as pH, temperature, moisture, mineral and organic nutrients, host/nonhost plants, and microorganisms are reviewed here. Recent developments have contributed to the understanding of cellular and molecular events involved in the early stages of the life cycle of AM fungi, from relief of spore dormancy to pre-symbiotic mycelial growth and developmental arrest in the absence of colonization of roots. Biochemical and genetic studies indicated that germinating spores do possess the metabolic machinery for hyphal growth, that no vital metabolic pathway is blocked, and that spore reserves are not totally depleted when germlings cease growing within 15–20 days of germination in the absence of the host. Data on withdrawal of protoplasm from peripheral hyphae and on their senescence and decrease in metabolic activity have shown that a mechanism allowing propagule survival and long-term infectivity of mycelium operates when spores of AM fungi germinate in the absence of a carbon donor. This inconsistency, an obligate symbiont which germinates in the absence of its host, is the most fundamental puzzle in the way in which these obligately biotrophic organisms have survived the past 400 million years.