Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Growing Under Glass

Growing in greenhouses and poly-tunnels

1,025 topics in this forum

• 17 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 74 replies
    • 117 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 97 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 83 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 90 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 53 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 64 replies
    • 43 replies

• Kickstand
      , if you run leds softer you get greater efficiency but then typically  you need more leds to make up the light/spread which puts costs up  also it depends on the volt/flux bins of the lm301b's theres a thread here about it      I dont think they are any more efficient than @diyleduk scopes/scopex run at the same 50w a strip same amount of leds there wouldn't be much in it either way.   He says hes flat bar heatsinks perform just as well if not better than traditional finned sinks  and goes on to say something about the air flow passing upwards renders the fins useless?? How can this be the case ?heatsinks weren't invented yesterday they are that shape for a reason mainly surface area and they are made that way to be used without a fan.  His flat bars no doubt do the job but still not going to be as effective as a finned heatsink !  the real reason he used flat bars is because they are a fraction of the price  thats my guess. It looks good minimal but it doesn't look practical to me, I dont like the hanging wire, a lower profile would be better for a tent it takes up to much space imo and I bet with a fan they blow all over the place. I dont think he has reinvented the wheel its just another samsung strip led with a brand name I like the led covering for protection and its going to be a qaulity product but  think ill stick with scopes /scopeX for my money        
    • Pearl
      Is that different from fast versions?
    • Moobman
      Does anyone know if light pollution effects these strains? 
    • Jack010
      Had it all day and yesterday, that and 20c + , doubt my autos will make it, 2 weeks left and I never cut early so the strain test it is.   Hope their good against mould or there’s no early smoke for me