Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Subforums

1. Micro-Growing & Experimental

For Compact Fluorescent and LED Growers

8,949 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 55 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 8 replies

• growinggold
      So boxed my fan in with mdf, and it is a little better not as good as I thought it would be. Suppose but will have to do though. 
    • growinggold
      Pretty much finishing a little cupboard grow space.    75x90x110cm 4" carbon filter boxed with mdf. Smart plug. 150w diyled scope v2 on standard timer £4 wilkos timer. (Yet to arrive) 7" fan.   Reptile Vivarium Heating Mat Warm Heater Pad with Thermostat Controller 20w (yet to arrive off fleebay) on smart plug. WiFi temperature, Humidity and vibration sensor Fully lined with diamond Mylar. Rfid hidden card lock   The little cupboard is all boxed in lined and ready to rock bar few bits as noted.   The cupboard is above an active washing machine (once a day). Will the vibrations from the washing machine cause issues/ affect humidity? The washing machine only touches the floor, nothing of the build or walls ect.   Will the heat mat make a difference? Planning to run as when using smart plug when space needs it. Keeping temps optimum. Was very budget item though.    Having issues connecting to the wifi sensor. Granted this the other side the house, and I don't think the diamond mylar is helping. Would the Mylar stop all wifi signal?  If I can source a wifi booster and put that in room next door will that help? Or would I be best scrapping diamond mylar and painting white.   Will the standard dial timers be okay with the 150w scope led?   Planing to use carbon filter as a when the environments needs it. E.g high Humidity or temps. Hence the smart plug.    What are the optimum growing temperatures and humidity?   Temp -15-30°c? Humidity 40-75?   Any other tips, suggestions please chip in. Thanks. GG      
    • TommyTrichome
      No sweat mate, could be a bit of genetic instability causing it... as @JJJ said, it's relatively unusual in autos but evidently it can happen! Also- I'd probably make a point of being gentle while removing those male heads too, if one of them is mature enough and splits releasing pollen into your environment you will have more than 'just a few' seeds throughout your crop, again... not totally screwed but the less the better! My mate used to use a super thin coat of Vaseline on his index finger and thumb so when he pinched them off any potential pollen would stick to the Vaseline rather than float out into space!  Keep us updated bro 
    • Oliffe
      Can’t see a loft being a problem. It will depend on what relative humidity (rh) % you have have in the room. The Wedrier’s advantage is that the air flow is dialled in perfectly for a nice steady dry but it is dependant on the relative humidity of the air entering the wedrier and to a certain extent the temperature. Get those two right and it won’t matter where you set it up as it will work spot on.....but the wedrier won’t do that bit (rh and temp) for you.   paid £100 if I remember rightly but no doubt cheaper now. You could easily build your own for cheaper but the convenience of it and the perfect preset calibration of air flow makes it worthwhile imo.